Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Basically worst case for the Cats just happened. Marquette hit a buzzer beater to beat St. Johns and so Cincinnati is locked into the 9 seed against Providence...the last team I'd want to face.
last team i want to face.cooley bunch is playing really good ball right now.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Your confidence exudes.
I would be much more confident if Epp was play 25+ minutes a game.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Providence is very beatable. I like the matchup
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Absolutely not. Gtown is clicking on all cylinders right now. Ul on a neutral floor is a much better option because they speed up the pace and give up more easy baskets. Gtown is a much slower paced and better half court defensive team
UL can score. Georgetown can't. We have a much better chance against the Hoyas. UL is one of the favorites to win it all right now. In terms of defensive efficiency they are the best defense in the last 11 years.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
UL can score. Georgetown can't. We have a much better chance against the Hoyas. UL is one of the favorites to win it all right now. In terms of defensive efficiency they are the best defense in the last 11 years.
Did you notice the GTown/Syr game score today?
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Did you notice the GTown/Syr game score today?
Yeah, they scored 61 points. They are 77th in offensive efficiency on the season and their defense isn't as good as UL's. Not saying we are going to beat Georgetown, or even Providence for that matter, but I think we have a much better chance of beating them than a UL team that seemingly beats everyone by 16 points.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
CaptDale
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah, they scored 61 points. They are 77th in offensive efficiency on the season and their defense isn't as good as UL's. Not saying we are going to beat Georgetown, or even Providence for that matter, but I think we have a much better chance of beating them than a UL team that seemingly beats everyone by 16 points.
Their D must have been pretty good, too. Syracuse scored 39 points. Even we had more than that before OT.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
bearcat4life

bearcat4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I completely agree. we played them better than Louisville and we always play well against Georgetown, especially the last couple of years.
bearcat4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Frankly, I just hope we beat Providence. This team doesn't have enough firepower to get past the second (actual "second" round, not counting the play-in games) round in both the BE and NCAA tourneys. Beat Providence, beat an 8 seed in the NCAA and take your loss on a "bad" (hey, if making the tourney and winning a game is considered a down year, we are doing pretty well as a program overall) year. I like the talent coming in next year and I pray that the reserves get much better this summer and early fall. Otherwise, we could have a solid starting five and still be bad next year. Also, I just wanna mention how much we really miss Yancy. As frustrating as he could be, at least he could get a few nice, easy buckets every game. Cheikh, David, and Gaines platoon has failed to provide these crucial few points. I don't think Cheikh knows how to set a screen or even have a few decent post moves. Part of this is coaching-as important as recruiting is, we need coaches who can coach, not former AAU coaches who know as much about big men as HS coaches. If Strickland can come in and just show some offensive capabilities, David beefs up, and Gaines gains half a brain, we should be in much better shape. Not to mention a healthy JD3 and a solid player in Lawrence. Inconsistency has plagued this team, we really have no consistent scorers. Notice scorers, not just guys who jack up 3s. Shaq could be this guy, he also just needs to beef up. I know it is lots of ifs and I still care about the task at hand, but I really look forward to watching teams that are even just a little more consistent.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
CaptDale
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Frankly, I just hope we beat Providence. This team doesn't have enough firepower to get past the second (actual "second" round, not counting the play-in games) round in both the BE and NCAA tourneys. Beat Providence, beat an 8 seed in the NCAA and take your loss on a "bad" (hey, if making the tourney and winning a game is considered a down year, we are doing pretty well as a program overall) year. I like the talent coming in next year and I pray that the reserves get much better this summer and early fall. Otherwise, we could have a solid starting five and still be bad next year. Also, I just wanna mention how much we really miss Yancy. As frustrating as he could be, at least he could get a few nice, easy buckets every game. Cheikh, David, and Gaines platoon has failed to provide these crucial few points. I don't think Cheikh knows how to set a screen or even have a few decent post moves. Part of this is coaching-as important as recruiting is, we need coaches who can coach, not former AAU coaches who know as much about big men as HS coaches. If Strickland can come in and just show some offensive capabilities, David beefs up, and Gaines gains half a brain, we should be in much better shape. Not to mention a healthy JD3 and a solid player in Lawrence. Inconsistency has plagued this team, we really have no consistent scorers. Notice scorers, not just guys who jack up 3s. Shaq could be this guy, he also just needs to beef up. I know it is lots of ifs and I still care about the task at hand, but I really look forward to watching teams that are even just a little more consistent.
Sorry, but Nyarsuk doesn't know which end's up. Gaines actually made a nice block and assist today, but no rebounds for either one sucks. Both have to stand their ground in the paint. Every time they leave their post position, the other team penetrates for an uncontested score.Both are really raw, but at least Gaines can jump. You never see daylight under Nyarsuk's feet. I foster no hope for any incoming recruits until they get here, and we can see them play against our early year patsies. Remember, they've only played vs HS opposition (or maybe a summer league). They have to EARN respect for their play here if they want to be on the floor with the team.