Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #61
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Apples and Oranges.

In your case, Big Bird vs. Barney.
Haha I love how she throws me in there as the main ridiculer from last year. Short memory...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #62
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Thank god we survived USF...Seton Hall just beat them 46-42 in OT. So many things are wrong with that statement ...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #63
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
watching the seton hall cuse game and seton hall looks like cincy last year against the cuse just hitting every shot
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #64
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
We have got to beat gtown. Otherwise we are locked into an 8/9 seed
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #65
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
We have got to beat gtown. Otherwise we are locked into an 8/9 seed
Georgetown is a much better matchup than Louisville. They will probably win, but at least we won't get hammered the way Louisville hammered us last week. Play good d and get to 61, that has to be our goals.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #66
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Georgetown is a much better matchup than Louisville. They will probably win, but at least we won't get hammered the way Louisville hammered us last week. Play good d and get to 61, that has to be our goals.
Absolutely not. Gtown plays much better half court d and slows down the tempo of the game. They grind it out, I think we win tomorrow but its going to be very close

Uc by 8-10
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #67
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Here's Mick's postgame quote (out of context, but nonetheless):
[I]As a coach, I think sometimes you can blame players, and you got to look at yourself. What can you do?
So I try to look at what can I do to change this? We made -- so our biggest adjustment was playing Justin Jackson at the five and getting more perimeter guys off the bench, like Shaq Thomas. Gee had foul trouble, but Shaq and Jermaine and Ge'Lawn more minutes.
Make it a faster game. Make it a full-court game, and hopefully it will play in our favor.
Do you think he's been reading this thread?!
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #68
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Absolutely not. Gtown plays much better half court d and slows down the tempo of the game. They grind it out, I think we win tomorrow but its going to be very close

Uc by 8-10
We play better that way. Louisville is scary, G'town is consistent. We will not get embarrassed by G'town......
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #69
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Here's Mick's postgame quote (out of context, but nonetheless):
[I]As a coach, I think sometimes you can blame players, and you got to look at yourself. What can you do?
So I try to look at what can I do to change this? We made -- so our biggest adjustment was playing Justin Jackson at the five and getting more perimeter guys off the bench, like Thomas. Gee had foul trouble, but Shaq and Jermaine and Ge'Lawn more minutes.
Make it a faster game. Make it a full-court game, and hopefully it will play in our favor.
Do you think he's been reading this thread?!
not if he wants to win and keep his job.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #70
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Did anyone catch the all weekend eulogy of the Big East by ESPN? Part of the pre-game coverage included a brief history including the George Thompson quote about beating Cuse at their last game at Manley Field House (ending a 58 game home winning streak) when he said "Manley Field House is officially Closed". ESPN ended the segment with the narrator saying "The Big East is offically Closed". Since the "New Big East", which is akin to the Ringo Star All Star Band versus The Beatles (Old Big East), is going to Fox they (ESPN) were laying it on pretty thick...if it managed to tick off X fans than I'm good with it though.

Last edited by Bearcat22; 03-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote