Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Way Too Early Bowl Projections

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ns-2014-season

McMurphy has UC playing BYU in the Miami Beach Bowl while Schlabach has UC playing Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ns-2014-season

McMurphy has UC playing BYU in the Miami Beach Bowl while Schlabach has UC playing Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl.
Everyone opens hoping for BCS or the playoffs but if we were to make the cotton bowl that would be a very good accomplishment. It is considered the top bowl outside the bcs games and would be very good for the program. The last 4 winners of this game was LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M (Manziel), and last year Missouri.....thats good company. I think we are deserving of that prediction i expect a very good season
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Everyone opens hoping for BCS or the playoffs but if we were to make the cotton bowl that would be a very good accomplishment. It is considered the top bowl outside the bcs games and would be very good for the program. The last 4 winners of this game was LSU, Arkansas, Texas A&M (Manziel), and last year Missouri.....thats good company. I think we are deserving of that prediction i expect a very good season
The Cotton Bowl is now an equivalent of a BCS Bowl (now called Access Bowls). I don't see UC making it but there is a possibility.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
The Cotton Bowl is now an equivalent of a BCS Bowl (now called Access Bowls). I don't see UC making it but there is a possibility.
So the cotton is a bcs bowl( access bowl) just like the orange, Fiesta, Rose, and sugar?

Last edited by Bearcat Rob; 05-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I assume under his scenario to get the Cotton Bowl we're predicted to go undefeated? I think we could run the conference table, but at Ohio State and at Miami, FL will be very tough tasks.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I assume under his scenario to get the Cotton Bowl we're predicted to go undefeated? I think we could run the conference table, but at Ohio State and at Miami, FL will be very tough tasks.
Yes at OSU will be tough, very big game for this season and the program. A win there would be huge for this season, fan support, recruiting, and national exposure. Although hard i think we have a very good team and can pull the upset, we've wanted them for a long time this is our chance
Old 05-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
So the cotton is a bcs bowl( access bowl) just like the orange, Fiesta, Rose, and sugar?
Yeah. Two of those bowls are determined to be the playoffs each year and they will rotate. For example this year the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl will be the two semi-finals. The remaining Access Bowls are Cotton, Fiesta, Orange and Peach (formally Chick Fil A Bowl).

The highest rated team out of the G5 conferences (C-USA, AAC, Sun Belt, MAC and MWC) will gain automatic access to one of those bowls provided they don't make the playoff. So essentially, that guy is projecting Cincinnati will be the highest ranked of the G5.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #8
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah. Two of those bowls are determined to be the playoffs each year and they will rotate. For example this year the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl will be the two semi-finals. The remaining Access Bowls are Cotton, Fiesta, Orange and Peach (formally Chick Fil A Bowl).

The highest rated team out of the G5 conferences (C-USA, AAC, Sun Belt, MAC and MWC) will gain automatic access to one of those bowls provided they don't make the playoff. So essentially, that guy is projecting Cincinnati will be the highest ranked of the G5.
Mark Schlabach has Tulane playing BYU. if Cincinnati does not make it I can think of a few other teams that would be there.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #9
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Correct, nice breakdown NTS. This would require UC to go at least 11-1 in my opinion. Beating mediocre teams every week won't be enough to get national attention to become ranked, but knocking off Ohio State or Miami would certainly raise some eye brows.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Correct, nice breakdown NTS. This would require UC to go at least 11-1 in my opinion. Beating mediocre teams every week won't be enough to get national attention to become ranked, but knocking off Ohio State or Miami would certainly raise some eye brows.
I agree! Time for UC to knock of a big dogg. Would love to see Tubbs earn his paycheck this year.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote