Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Bearcat
Epic Member

Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Introducing the BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership Program

What is the BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership?

Since opening our doors, BearcatTalk.com has been a safe haven for Bearcat fanatics looking for a place to talk, share and debate Cincinnati athletics in an intelligent and mature fashion. As with any website that encounters growth, eventually costs outweight the income. We're simply planning ahead and trying to get our fiscal house in order to help defray some of the costs.

Why do we need the BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership?

Currently, BearcatTalk.com is supported by advertising income (we made $0.77 last month) and our wallets. Obviously, that doesn't even begin to cover our monthly server and bandwidth costs or software license renewals. Nor does it then, obviously, leave any money for promoting the site, sponsoring contests, giveaways and the like.

That said, that is the main reason why the BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership program was created. The proceeds from the purchased BearcatTalk.com Supporting Memberships will allow us to continue adding new and exciting features, sponsor cool giveaways and contests, and ensure our continued mission to becoming the premiere Cincinnati discussion portal on the Internet.

Put quite simply, while we certainly appreciate all of our members equally and there is no obligation to sign up for a BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership, we do appreciate the help in keeping costs manageable while allowing us to grow the site! But it does help... greatly!

What is included in my BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership?

Your BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership will give you additional benefits that our regular registered members do not have. Included in the subscription includes a 100% ad-free site layout, increased avatar and signature dimensions, bigger private message mailbox size and the satisfaction of knowing you've helped BearcatTalk.com keep the lights on.

How much does the Supporting Membership cost?

The BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership is $12.00 and will last one calendar year from the date it is paid. After PayPal takes it's fee, we'll end up clearing $11.35 per membership. As of right now, our currently yearly recurring fees are right around $250 and we've got another $200 in one-time frees we're looking to save towards.

We do also have a separate donation option if you'd like to give more to help the site out. There is also a Membership Donation option if you'd like to purchase a membership for a fellow member.

Okay, You Sold Me! How Do I Join?

Signing up for the BearcatTalk.com Supporting Membership is a quick and easy process. Simply head over to the Donation and Subscription Center, select the subscription and you will be directed to PayPal to complete the process which generally takes less than five minutes to complete!

If you don't have PayPal, you can still purchase a membership by sending a check or money order via snail mail. If you'd like to go that route, shoot me a private message and I'll get you my address.

PLEASE NOTE: BearcatTalk.com Supporting Member status does not prevent you from following the forum rules and community guidelines. Violations of the forum rules/guidelines will be handled according to policy without regard to member status. In the event that membership is removed due to rule violation, absolutely no refunds will be given.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Bearcat is correct. No obligation to join, but if you enjoy the site, a contributing membership is about the cost of a decent lunch.
We would certainly appreciate it.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
We have two contributing members already. Who wants to be next to support your site and school?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Check out BearcatAlum1 with his shiny gold user name...don't you all want a shiny gold user name?
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

My wife thinks gold is sexy, and also makes your posts better.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

I gotta admit. The gold looks pretty cool.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Who's going to join Alum and be the next Goldmember?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

bump
Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

If you appreciate the site...become a contributing member. It's all of 12.00 for a year. That little amounts helps offset the cost of running the site/server/giveaways/etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
babcat

babcat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to babcat
I'm in......