Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #21
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
I think I understand why Miller doesn't start Saunders now.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:45 PM   #22
Lawrugby

That ref should be disciplined. Answers Davenport back saying Newman got his face raked and there was no foul and the replay shows he was wrong.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #23
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
That ref should be disciplined. Answers Davenport back saying Newman got his face raked and there was no foul and the replay shows he was wrong.
I thought it was a wsu player who answered back
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:56 PM   #24
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Refs so biased they wouldn’t even call a foul on wsu even when they were trying to foul. Lol
Old 01-16-2022, 01:59 PM   #25
Lawrugby

That was an awesome road win to hand WSU an historic 4th conference loss in a row. I feel like Newman may end up being our go-to by the end of the season. Love Davenport but as shown today, not sure he is there every day.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:02 PM   #26
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Wichita went up 42-34 early in the 2nd half and from that point on we turned our intensity up to a notch that I've seen at few other times this season.

Great response and very solid win against a team that I believe is much better than their record indicates.

Game balls to DeJulius and Koval. Newman played a huge role as well.

Last edited by Queens_NYC; 01-16-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #27
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

WSU is garbage. 9-7 and 0-4 in the conference. We should have trounced them not barely beat them. Win is a win but i wouldn’t say this is a great win.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:11 PM   #28
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Our half court defense was great today. We got in trouble when we turned it over or took bad long threes early in the shot clock, leading to transition opportunities. MAW and DDJ did a great job on Etienne for the most part.

Strong games from the starting guards again. Koval at the 5 opened things up, and we could have taken advantage of the open interior more if we tried. We still operated around perimeter screens instead of driving to an unprotected rim. Our smaller lineups resulted in better rebounding, with quickness outperforming size.

Good win, hopefully will be Q1 at seasons end but is Q2 right now. We badly needed it since our other two borderline Q2 games (Miami & Monmouth) have since dropped to Q3.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Still trying to figure out how we pulled that out. Playing Koval on the perimeter sure opened my eyes a bit. Starting to see the light with how that helped open some things up for us outside of him making 3s.

It seemed like we got beat in every category but the score and 3 pt shooting
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:34 PM   #30
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
We did just enough to score more than a point per possession, which seems to be the recipe for beating Wichita St this year. Great games for Koval and DDJ, and another efficient low usage performance from MAW who had zero fouls or turnovers in 30 minutes while also leading the team in rebounds.

The defense really locked down in the final stretch. We forced them to play hero ball. Etienne was the only WSU player to score from the field in the final 11 minutes.

We did a good job in the areas I thought would be keys to the game, turning it over only 7 times and holding them to just 12 free throws.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote