Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #21
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Koval was already a grad transfer, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't use the bonus year. If he does and comes here, I can deal with it. He's just a one year rental guy and somewhat more athletic than Vogt (though not athletic enough for the AAC). My biggest nightmare material may be Lakhin, but will wait to see how he looks on the court (if he even stays on the team) and how much he plays before I worry too much.
Koval announced a few weeks ago that he was returning for a 5th year (to UNCG) so now it just comes down to whether he wants to transfer or not.

I wouldn't mind him as a 1-year rental either as long as we load the front court with a few more athletic and physical bigs.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:58 AM   #22
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
This is encouraging to me. Based on their terrible assist numbers, I assumed poor shooting was due to bad offensive schemes. But if they are getting open looks and just missing them, better players alone should go a long way to better offensive efficiency.
Yeah, they aren't as bad as they look on paper I think. More down to not having shooters.

Although they do also take a fair number of bad early threes as well (DDJ walk it down the court and jack it up style). Which is just poor shot selection and something a good coach should be able to correct.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:59 AM   #23
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What are the expectations for Miller over the next 5 years?
I don't have specific results oriented expectations. In the first couple years, I want to see evidence that he is building a team that will be top 25 caliber. I don't mind a couple down years here and there, but I want to always feel like we have top 25 potential the next season. Ideally I prefer modern basketball schemes, but there are many different styles that can win in college basketball. I want to see him recruit and coach to a winning style.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #24
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, they aren't as bad as they look on paper I think. More down to not having shooters.

Although they do also take a fair number of bad early threes as well (DDJ walk it down the court and jack it up style). Which is just poor shot selection and something a good coach should be able to correct.

Truth be told that shot is probably higher value than almost all midrange shots.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #25
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
If Miller isn’t coming with him or McMillan/rayvon wasn’t consulted this hire go from A+ to C-
You don't consult potential recruits on your coaching selection, you just don't.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #26
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I’m not waiting 3/4 years to get NCAA tournament. Lil Paul and Rayvon not coming here for that. Gentlemen Lil P more likely 3/4 all conference type player and rayvon would be preseason first team conference as freshman. Darryn Peterson will be one and done if not straight nba. We have get 2/3
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #27
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
You don't consult potential recruits on your coaching selection, you just don't.
Damn lie
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #28
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Truth be told that shot is probably higher value than almost all midrange shots.
Let's bring in Steve Logan as an assistant.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #29
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Teams hire recruits handlers every day all day. Are you serious saying you wouldn’t called up Taft and Woodward see what they star players thought. Lil P was seen posted with UC players, you honestly believe coming UC wasn’t topic of discussion
Old 04-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #30
TheRealMick
Elite Member

McMillan was 100% lock with Martin.