Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Logan was not a pure shooter. Good shooter, yes. Pure shooter, no. He never shot higher than 45.7% from the floor in any season. He started as a 33% 3 point shooter at UC and only broke 40% once (sophomore year). Hardly a pure shooter.

Here are DerMarr's stats from his only year at UC:
Year GP MPG PPG FG% 3% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG
1999-00 32 27.5 12.6 47.8 37.1 73.7 1.4 3.8 0.9 1.0

Hardly a pure shooter.

Maybe you've "misremembered" your Bearcat history.
Steve Logan was not a pure shooter? You are out of your mind! His percentages are much higher than SK's. Talk about misremembering. I will give you this, Jason. As much as I dislike anything labelled Cronin, you match me step by step with your hatred for anything from the Huggins Era.

Last edited by Amberlycolonel; 03-26-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Steve Logan was not a pure shooter? You are out of your mind! His percentages are much higher than SK's. Talk about misremembering.
And SK is not a pure shooter. Thank you for proving my point. SK came to UC as a slasher and through hard work, developed his shot. The numbers don't lie. Steve Logan was not a pure nor elite shooter. He was a great scorer but that does not make him a great shooter. But why let facts get in the way of anything?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
Amberlycolonel

Quote:
And SK is not a pure shooter. Thank you for proving my point. SK came to UC as a slasher and through hard work, developed his shot. The numbers don't lie. Steve Logan was not a pure nor elite shooter. He was a great scorer but that does not make him a great shooter. But why let facts get in the way of anything?
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...ogan/2000-2001
I disagree. Anyone who hovers around 40% from the 3 nearly all of his career is a shooter. And a damned good one at that.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Steve Logan was not a pure shooter? You are out of your mind! His percentages are much higher than SK's. Talk about misremembering.
Logan for his career was 37.8% from 3 and 43.4% overall.

Kilpatrick is 34.7% from 3 and 41.7% overall. Going into this season SK was 37.7% from 3.

Much higher? Logan had him from the line, otherwise they aren't that far apart.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
Amberlycolonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronius View Post
Logan for his career was 37.8% from 3 and 43.4% overall.

Kilpatrick is 34.7% from 3 and 41.7% overall. Going into this season SK was 37.7% from 3.

Much higher? Logan had him from the line, otherwise they aren't that far apart.
I am dumbfounded that someone is even trying to compare the 2. Steven Logan was a player of the year and All American. SK cannot even get on the BE squad.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am dumbfounded that someone is even trying to compare the 2.
Just quoting statistics since you said...

Quote:
His percentages are much higher than SK's
and are proven wrong once again.

To my knowledge, no one would argue SK is as good of a player as Logan.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Are you seriously comparing Logan and SK??? That's like comparing Huggins with Mick
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #28
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Logan was not a pure shooter. Good shooter, yes. Pure shooter, no. He never shot higher than 45.7% from the floor in any season. He started as a 33% 3 point shooter at UC and only broke 40% once (sophomore year). Hardly a pure shooter.

Here are DerMarr's stats from his only year at UC:
Year GP MPG PPG FG% 3% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG
1999-00 32 27.5 12.6 47.8 37.1 73.7 1.4 3.8 0.9 1.0

Hardly a pure shooter.

Maybe you've "misremembered" your Bearcat history.
Logan was a 1st Team All-American. He didn't get there with his shot blocking skills. He got there with his shooting, which was "pure". Anyone arguing any different is crazy. Dermarr was the number 3 pick in the NBA. He got that from his ability to shoot long range along with his size. For a "Freshman", he was as "pure" as you can get. And his draft pick reflects that.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #29
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...ogan/2000-2001
I disagree. Anyone who hovers around 40% from the 3 nearly all of his career is a shooter. And a damned good one at that.
He sure made his FT's!
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just goes to show, HS does not translate to D1 ball. Now SK handling the ball and slashing is almost a guaranteed block or TO waiting to happen. Even when he leads the fastbreak, he's usually caught from behind and winds up at the FT line. If he gets to the hoop first, he, at least knows what to do with the ball - as you will see him bank it off the glass 99% of the time. No finger rolls or dunks. Good for him! May not generate much excitement, but it does generate points.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote