Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #141
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jeff, while I think everyone should beable to have their say and voice there opinions. I'm at a loss for the negativity and misinformation surrounding the Coach. Debating strategy and personell is fun but with the limited information and lack of experience as D1 coaches we are less the asute in our observations to say the least. We now have half the board defending the Coach and the other half attacking him. I'm glad baseball season is here. Enjoyed the site but feel its losing some credibility because some have a agenda other than enjoying the conversation and rooting for the Cats. Many apparently are posting under multiple ID's. Hope you can get this fixed because it is a nce site to talk basketball on. Hope when i return thngs have improved.
This site is going down hill fast. It'd be nice if there could actually be conversation regarding the stuff Mick does rather than just trying to insult him or blindly defend him. I'm very critical of Mick as a coach at times but what I may criticize are his coaching, philosophies, recruitment, etc, not personal attacks against him. I think he is open to criticism but there are others (L-T, Cats01, CaptDale) who have a personal bias against him and just rip Cronin without adding any insight. It's getting old fast.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #142
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Perfect example of what I was talking about yesterday. And you know this how?
My CEO is on the board at NC State and flat out told me they offered Mick Cronin. His salary would have more than doubled. Mick turned them down to stay at Cincinnati.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #143
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
My CEO is on the board at NC State and flat out told me they offered Mick Cronin. His salary would have more than doubled. Mick turned them down to stay at Cincinnati.
Wow, I had not heard that. I knew he was rumored to have been in the running for it. I always doubted he would leave but I really feel solid about it now. NC State is a great basketball job.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #144
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
UC coach Mick Cronin declined to comment Wednesday on reports that he’s a possible candidate for the UCLA job or any other job.

“I’m happy,” Cronin said. “Nothing has changed in my world. I’m worried about recruiting. The other job stuff, that’s all speculation. I’m worried about Cincinnati. I’m excited about next year. I’m really happy with our recruiting class. Right now we’re in the evaluation process of what we’ve got to do to get better.”

Cronin, who is under contract at UC through 2017, said he has not had discussions with athletic director Whit Babcock about an extension.

“There’s so many other things going on with the league stuff that I understand,” Cronin said. “Nobody has had a harder job than Whit Babcock probably since September when all this started spinning.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/...on-other-jobs/
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #145
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Okay, sure he did.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #146
bearcatfan1211

bearcatfan1211 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Okay, sure he did.
No need to act all butthurt because he proved himself to you and it blew up in your face.

Anyways, if Cronin were to leave it wouldn't be this year with the class he has coming in
bearcatfan1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #147
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
We have to play all the patsies in the beginning of the year so Mick can say he had another 20+ win season.
You actually think Mick is willing to sabotage the RPI and SOS just to add to his win total? It all comes down to money. We don't have the money to get a lot of the buy games against teams projected to finish in the 101-199 range. Those teams have come to realize how vital they are to the RPI and they are charging a boatload for games. It was even worse under the former AD, who drastically cut the budget for the OOC schedule, citing the difficulty of the BE schedule. This was actually one of the first things that Whit changed and we saw a big difference in the OOC schedule this year.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #148
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
You actually think Mick is willing to sabotage the RPI and SOS just to add to his win total? It all comes down to money. We don't have the money to get a lot of the buy games against teams projected to finish in the 101-199 range. Those teams have come to realize how vital they are to the RPI and they are charging a boatload for games. It was even worse under the former AD, who drastically cut the budget for the OOC schedule, citing the difficulty of the BE schedule. This was actually one of the first things that Whit changed and we saw a big difference in the OOC schedule this year.
Absolutely correct.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #149
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan1211 View Post
No need to act all butthurt because he proved himself to you and it blew up in your face.

Anyways, if Cronin were to leave it wouldn't be this year with the class he has coming in
haha....this is laughable
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #150
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
We have to play all the patsies in the beginning of the year so Mick can say he had another 20+ win season.
Just announced a home and home with Michigan, you were saying?
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote