Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #551
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Nebraska got a clutch road win over Indiana to get back into the top 50 RPI, they are still in contention to get a bid.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #552
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Dayton pulls off the road upset over #17 St. Louis. The Billikens are falling apart and Dayton is solidifying their tournament spot. They could possibly play in the first four on their home floor...
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #553
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Is that allowed?
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #554
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
It looks like the A10 has a good chance to get six bids, which is pretty remarkable. Dayton has a couple terrible losses, but have some solid wins (#11 Gonzaga and Cal in Maui, @ St. Louis, @ Ole Miss). They've won 8 of 9 and have a struggling Richmond at home on Saturday.

SDSU @ UNLV is an interesting game right now. I have a feeling UNLV could be a bid stealer in the MWC with that conference tournament being on their home floor. They split with New Mexico and are playing SDSU tough.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #555
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Is that allowed?
Yeah the NCAA said this week that they would in fact play at UD because they don't have a backup facility that would work out.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #556
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The A10 with a possibility of 6 tells you how wide open this national championship tournament will be. It's why I keep saying if UC can get hot for a few games...
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #557
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
The A10 with a possibility of 6 tells you how wide open this national championship tournament will be. It's why I keep saying if UC can get hot for a few games...
I completely agree. This team could not have been worse on offense the last two games and they still had a chance to win both. If the offense gets going just a little I think they can beat anyone on a given day.

That said, I also think the variance is obviously high, if they end up with a 4 seed there are many teams in the 5 seed range that could beat the Bearcats if the offense fails to show.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #558
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Hahaha guys, Chris Mack is taking shots at the A10 in his post game presser after the loss to Villanova...

Shannon Russell ‏@slrussell 46m
"And I’m telling you right now, Georgetown would be a Top 2 or 3 team in the Atlantic 10. And it’s not even close," Mack said. #Xavier

"Maybe we haven’t won the PR battle but I do know this: I coached in the A-10. And I coach in the Big East now," Mack said. #Xavier

Does this guy realize that the A10 is going to get more teams in the NCAA tournament than the Big East??? What freaking irony...
Old 03-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #559
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Hahaha guys, Chris Mack is taking shots at the A10 in his post game presser after the loss to Villanova...

"And I’m telling you right now, Georgetown would be a Top 2 or 3 team in the Atlantic 10. And it’s not even close," Mack said. #Xavier

"Maybe we haven’t won the PR battle but I do know this: I coached in the A-10. And I coach in the Big East now," Mack said. #Xavier

Does this guy realize that the A10 is going to get more teams in the NCAA tournament than the Big East??? What freaking irony...
Anyway you try and polish Chris Mack up, he is still a turd and a giant douche.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #560
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post

I wonder if the x fans will hate him now. They lambasted Mick when he said 10 or more Big East teams could win the A-10. Nah, I imagine it's completely different now that the comment relates to defending their own mediocrity.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote