Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't start a FR against FR. Move McNeal back into lineup or go with Barron at point. Don't let their FR back court get into any type flow. Let the stronger vets on our team break them down first then throw MAW speed at them.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:25 AM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Garza abused brooks and Scott last year and is better this year. If we hold him to around 20, I would consider that a win. Skyblade can not wait for this game. Already working on his Vogt takes.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:51 AM   #13
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Iowa a 3 to 4 point favorite with most oddsmakers now.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #14
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I'd say the best bet is to double Garza on every touch and force him to kick it out and Iowa to beat us from three. Iowa is a pretty good 3 point shooting team, so that plan may backfire. But maybe we get lucky and they have an off night. Either that or get Garza into foul trouble, but Iowa will probably be getting a more friendly whistle then we do.

I think this is a game where the correct decision would be to just not play Vogt. This game is a matchup nightmare for Vogt, Garza has the size to keep Vogt away from the basket on defense and is too agile for Vogt on offense. Let Sorolla start and Diarra back him up.

This is a game where it is hard to see us winning. Iowa is one of the best in the country at not turning the ball over and we all know that we aren't. Iowa is also a very good offensive rebounding team.

Our best chance to win is to outscore them. But we can't give them a bunch of extra possessions with TO's and offensive rebounds.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #15
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'd say the best bet is to double Garza on every touch and force him to kick it out and Iowa to beat us from three. Iowa is a pretty good 3 point shooting team, so that plan may backfire. But maybe we get lucky and they have an off night. Either that or get Garza into foul trouble, but Iowa will probably be getting a more friendly whistle then we do.

I think this is a game where the correct decision would be to just not play Vogt. This game is a matchup nightmare for Vogt, Garza has the size to keep Vogt away from the basket on defense and is too agile for Vogt on offense. Let Sorolla start and Diarra back him up.

This is a game where it is hard to see us winning. Iowa is one of the best in the country at not turning the ball over and we all know that we aren't. Iowa is also a very good offensive rebounding team.

Our best chance to win is to outscore them. But we can't give them a bunch of extra possessions with TO's and offensive rebounds.
How do you think would diarra do in the post against him? Honestly?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #16
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
How do you think would diarra do in the post against him? Honestly?

probably hold him to 0 points, diarra is the best defender on the team.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #17
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
probably hold him to 0 points, diarra is the best defender on the team.
True. Also not playing Vogt at all after averaging 13-7 would be an odd coaching decision. And replacing him with a terrible player would be even more odd.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #18
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
True. Also not playing Vogt at all after averaging 13-7 would be an odd coaching decision. And replacing him with a terrible player would be even more odd.

i think genius coaching decision is what you're looking for.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #19
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think genius coaching decision is what you're looking for.
If Diarra was starting we'd be 12-0. Yea. He's so good we would have won an extra game. Don't know how the world isn't seeing what Skyblade sees.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #20
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
We will be staying up a little later tonight
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote