Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #31
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
What is wrong a blind old man named Ralph who can't see the games and too dumb to comprehend anything is still allowed to make post here. Every time you keep disagreeing with me Ralphy, I know I make sense. Thank you and keep it up.
There is a reason why the Indian Tribes refered to the elder members as "wise old men" and sent the young ones to get slaughtered by the US Cavalry.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
There is a reason why the Indian Tribes refered to the elder members as "wise old men" and sent the young ones to get slaughtered by the US Cavalry.
Wow
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Absolutely not. Jackson was tearing up the big east tourney and NCAA tourney last year with energy, blocked shots, points, rebounds, effort and assists. Everyone loved him. Now all the sudden "he sucks".

Most college players have their ups and downs especially young ones. Micks recruiting is fine

If you want to look at abysmal recruiting look across town
Yea, Jackson was tearing it up in the tournies last year all right. Hell, he almost got to double figures in points in one of the games. That 2 point, 4 rebound performance against Texas was very memorable. Almost as much as the 3 point, 0 rebound performance against FSU...I wish we'd get more of those out of him this year.....Oh wait, we have. 0 points, 1 rebound against SJU, 4 points, 3 rebounds against Pitt. 0 points against New Mexico..Whatever were we thinking?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
You can get only who you can get, Mick does not have the recruiting financial resources of a UK, UofL, Duke, etc. In addition to being the basketball coach Mick also has to raise money for recruiting, charter flights, etc. Do Calipari, Pitino, K, Williams, etc. have to raise money to pay for stuff? If you want to help out with recruiting costs go online to gobearcats and donate $1,000 to become a member of the tip-off club. Donations are used to pay for recruiting expenses.
Well somethings gotta give.

If you cant get the talent then run an offense that will help your "less" talented recruits score.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Scanning...scanning...yes, found someone ripping recruiting. Now I can contribute....
Can't deny this.
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #36
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha23 View Post
Can't deny this.
Haha touche
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #37
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Yea, Jackson was tearing it up in the tournies last year all right. Hell, he almost got to double figures in points in one of the games. That 2 point, 4 rebound performance against Texas was very memorable. Almost as much as the 3 point, 0 rebound performance against FSU...I wish we'd get more of those out of him this year.....Oh wait, we have. 0 points, 1 rebound against SJU, 4 points, 3 rebounds against Pitt. 0 points against New Mexico..Whatever were we thinking?
I call him the human turnover. I've never seen someone get man-handled so easily on offense. Does provide defensive sparks at times, though. Oh well, take the good with the bad.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote