Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Postgame Thoughts

Concerns tonight and for the season.
1. Per usual... the inability to score the basketball. Been a trend under Mick... I truly think Mick needs to bring in an offensive minded assistant. Mick is a defensive coach. He recruits that way and he coaches that way... Its an issue.

2. Our three spot... Wow. Blown away at the inability to get anything productive out of this position. Shaq cant continue to start if he doesnt start rebounding better and scoring some points. Unfortunately we have no one behind him in that spot.

3. Basketball IQ. With the refs calling alot of fouls we cannot make any stupid ones. We make alot of really dumb dumb fouls. While I dont agree with all of the calls we have to adjust. Its amazing how low of a basketball IQ alot of these guys have.

4. Points in the paint. We simply cant finish around the rim. Justin and Titus have to attack the rim. No more... Stupid jumpers. Dumb turn around bank attemps. Running left handed hook prayers.

Positives
1. Caupain. Thought he went into a really tough enviroment and played well... Its getting closer and closer to him taking over the starting spot. G played an awful offensive game tonight. He needs to shoot some more.

2. Teams FT shooting this season has been shocking good. Tonight included.

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 12-07-2013 at 06:53 PM.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
There are three keys, in my mind, to our improvement: 1) JD3 emerging as our missing shooter/scorer, 2) Shaq getting more aggressive and becoming the slasher we are missing, and 3) Strickland becoming eligible. If we can get 2 out of those three to happen, I think we will be in much better shape going forward.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
There are three keys, in my mind, to our improvement: 1) JD3 emerging as our missing shooter/scorer, 2) Shaq getting more aggressive and becoming the slasher we are missing, and 3) Strickland becoming eligible. If we can get 2 out of those three to happen, I think we will be in much better shape going forward.
JDIII didnt even make the trip....

Someone has to man up and ask Mick what is going on.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

I agree. While the fire has probably played a role recently, Mick wasn't giving him much playing time at all before that either. We need JD3, he is a solid shooter....
Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

He was asked about it last week and said that JDIII is having a hard time concentrating on basketball with his family situation right now.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
He was asked about it last week and said that JDIII is having a hard time concentrating on basketball with his family situation right now.
That doesnt explain his lack of minutes all season long...
Old 12-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Horrible shooting night from SK. Caupain was the best player on the floor for UC tonight and should have played more. Thomas is a non factor.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Basketball.com
Banned

Basketball.com is on a distinguished road
The more minutes you get the better you become on the floor. We needed that, We gone be okay!
Basketball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
You don't win when you can't even score 60 points.

Looked like the same old to me, at least on offense. No movement, no spacing, and still no good shooters. Oh, and are there still some that are clinging onto the whole uptempo theme? And that JJ is going to be a force of nature?

This is what happens when you feast on atrocious teams early on - you can get away with bad habits. Against good teams you better have a clue what you are doing because they will be ready. NM knew UC didn't have any shooters, hence they sagged off everyone which made it nearly impossible to drive to the hoop. Others teams will do the same. Hopefully this brings them back to earth.

Too many players on the team that are a non-threat on offense.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
You don't win when you can't even score 60 points.

Looked like the same old to me, at least on offense. No movement, no spacing, and still no good shooters. Oh, and are there still some that are clinging onto the whole uptempo theme? And that JJ is going to be a force of nature?

This is what happens when you feast on atrocious teams early on - you can get away with bad habits. Against good teams you better have a clue what you are doing because they will be ready. NM knew UC didn't have any shooters, hence they sagged off everyone which made it nearly impossible to drive to the hoop. Others teams will do the same. Hopefully this brings them back to earth.

Too many players on the team that are a non-threat on offense.
I tend to be known as a debbie downer, but I think I will wait and see how Rubles and Jackson play against a team that doesn't have TWO really good post players that are 30-40 pounds bigger and several inches taller. I think both can be effective against smaller teams. Jackson actually looked okay early in the game. The biggest issue with the team will be trusting this new offensive scheme even when things aren't going well. Today we saw Kilpatrick having to revert back to his old ways (to be fair Williams is a very good defender).
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote