Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Bracketology Thread

Now that we are in February, these start getting more serious. Jerry Palm at CBS puts Cincinnati at a #2 seed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

American:
#2 Cincinnati
#5 Connecticut
#6 Memphis
#6 Louisville
#12 SMU
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I wonder if ESPN is going to do the weekly feature like previous years where each conference is broken down by teams that are "Locks", "Should be in", or "have work to do" to make the tourney. I think it was Eamonn Brennan that wrote it. It always seemed like he made the Cats situation more dire than it was. With the daily BPI and updated tourney info showing seeding, that might replace the above mentioned article.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
I wonder if ESPN is going to do the weekly feature like previous years where each conference is broken down by teams that are "Locks", "Should be in", or "have work to do" to make the tourney. I think it was Eamonn Brennan that wrote it. It always seemed like he made the Cats situation more dire than it was. With the daily BPI and updated tourney info showing seeding, that might replace the above mentioned article.
I would assume he would do it again. I think Brennan does a great job with all his work.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Scheids21
Epic Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ology/5177055/

Above is an updated USA Today bracketology. Has UC as a 3 seed playing Canisius, Pittsburgh, Villanova, and Syracuse.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ology/5177055/

Above is an updated USA Today bracketology. Has UC as a 3 seed playing Canisius, Pittsburgh, Villanova, and Syracuse.
We aren't in the Big East anymore lol.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Location wise it looks like St. Louis is the best for UC fans to travel to. According to that bracket it will host 1/16, 8/9 and 2/15, 7/10.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
That CBS bracket would have us possibly playing UCLA in the 2nd round. That would be a VERY interesting match-up. They don't have a lot of interior scoring, but they are so lengthy on the perimeter. They start 6-9, 6-4, 6-5, 6-10, and 6-10. Who guards Kyle Anderson? Rubles makes sense, but then you have the Wear brothers who are both 6-10 to deal with. Do you put Shaq on one of them? They also have 5 guys who can really shoot the 3, including one of the 6-10 guys.

I know these bracketology things mean nothing right now. But that's one team I don't think I would want to run in to.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Location wise it looks like St. Louis is the best for UC fans to travel to. According to that bracket it will host 1/16, 8/9 and 2/15, 7/10.
I've never been sure on that. Can they assign cities whichever seeds they want to or is it predetermined? Milwaukee would be about the same as St. Louis. I live in Indianapolis and have tickets to the Midwest regional so seeing Joe Linardi put us in that regional with a high seed makes me giddy.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #9
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
What seeds are in a pod depends entirely on the highest S-curve team that prefers that pod. If you want STL, that means getting around either Kansas or Witchita. If you want Milwaukee, that means beating out the 2nd B10 team. If we can get a 3 seed, we have a shot at Raleigh (likely Duke in the other spot). All of this is difficult even if we hold the 3/4 spot. I honestly feel more confident we can land a good region like Memphis or even Indy than I am confident we stay out of those SA, Spokane, San Diego pods.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I've never been sure on that. Can they assign cities whichever seeds they want to or is it predetermined? Milwaukee would be about the same as St. Louis. I live in Indianapolis and have tickets to the Midwest regional so seeing Joe Linardi put us in that regional with a high seed makes me giddy.
Look at it like this, the top B10 team is going to want Indy. Once they are in Indy, we wont see a 3 or 4 seed B10 team in Indy (and there will be a few that will likely fall in those seeds). So we're really only up against non-B10 teams in that seed range for the Indy spots. In the case of Lunardi, he believes Kansas will also take Indy. That would also rule out Iowa St, Oklahoma st, Texas, etc from Indy. You see what I'm getting at. Process of elimination from all the top conferences being logjammed here is going to make it likely we get a good regional and unlikely we're anywhere close the 1st 2 rounds.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote