Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Hensley is a Bearcat
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #212
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
We're talking to Ronnie DeGray, 6'7" freshman forward from UMass. Had a true shooting percentage above 60, including 37% from three on less than two attempts per game and an unsustainable 12-17 from midrange. Below average defense according to BPR. Was a 3 star recruit ranked #411.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #213
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Does Wes realize yet he doesn’t have recruit same kids he did at his old job
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:35 AM   #214
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
We're talking to Ronnie DeGray, 6'7" freshman forward from UMass. Had a true shooting percentage above 60, including 37% from three on less than two attempts per game and an unsustainable 12-17 from midrange. Below average defense according to BPR. Was a 3 star recruit ranked #411.
Watching some of his highlights, DeGray reminds me of a poor man's Kyle Washington. He has a funky shot, which is almost a shotput motion. The unconventional release point and timing throws defenders off in the lane. Seems like he would have the same role as Hensley, so I'm not sure if we are actually still pursuing him. I'd say DeGray has better handles and a more polished offensive game right now, but Hensley appears more athletic and probably has a higher ceiling.

It was obvious that Tre Mitchell is the real prize from UMass. Most of the chatter on him involves Illinois or Florida St.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:26 PM   #215
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There are 24 transfers available who have an 8+ OReb rate that played at least 15 mpg.
4 of the 24 good rebounders committed today: Diabate, Disu, Kuath, and Minaya. Cisse
and Bohannon were added, so the list stands at 22.

Naz Bohannon from Youngstown St is an intriguing possibility. He's a 6'6" forward who in addition to great rebounding (YSU's all time leading rebounder) is a good scorer with a good assist rate and low foul rate. He only has one year of eligibility remaining to open another wing spot for an incoming freshman, and he's from Ohio so we may have a chance. We apparently offered him a football scholarship as a defensive end, so he would be the kind of physical inside presence we're looking for, even if only 6'6".
Old 04-26-2021, 09:10 PM   #216
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Dusan Mahorcic, 6'10" junior center from Illinois St, is now in the portal, bringing the list of good rebounders back up to 23. This is tough to keep up with. It's crazy how many players are still entering the portal every day.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:28 AM   #217
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

AJ McGinnis is in the portal from UNCG. 6'3" freshman guard who played 14 mpg. Average shooter and below average defender per BPR. I'm not a fan of bringing another young guard in right now. I mention him only because any UNCG player who enters the portal seems like a possibility.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #218
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
AJ McGinnis is in the portal from UNCG. 6'3" freshman guard who played 14 mpg. Average shooter and below average defender per BPR. I'm not a fan of bringing another young guard in right now. I mention him only because any UNCG player who enters the portal seems like a possibility.
Looks like we are about to sign him, Bearcat eyes are out... just call us the UC Spartans.... Not a fan of this signing, I hope he proves me wrong
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #219
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
4 of the 24 good rebounders committed today: Diabate, Disu, Kuath, and Minaya. Cisse
and Bohannon were added, so the list stands at 22.

Naz Bohannon from Youngstown St is an intriguing possibility. He's a 6'6" forward who in addition to great rebounding (YSU's all time leading rebounder) is a good scorer with a good assist rate and low foul rate. He only has one year of eligibility remaining to open another wing spot for an incoming freshman, and he's from Ohio so we may have a chance. We apparently offered him a football scholarship as a defensive end, so he would be the kind of physical inside presence we're looking for, even if only 6'6".
You’ll think the football/basketball team would work more with these multi sport athletes. Kid went to Youngstown st and dominated could’ve had nice career here
Old 04-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #220
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Looks like we are about to sign him, Bearcat eyes are out... just call us the UC Spartans.... Not a fan of this signing, I hope he proves me wrong
So we punting on Lil Paul and McCaffery? No way I take another guard unless DDJ is done. We only need add 6’6+ guys.