Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #61
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Young men, not kids. He is just a selfish player, you can see when he brings the ball up he is going to force it as opposed to pass, he has to get his shot. Kind of like DDJ except he doesn’t have anywhere near the offensive ability. If he accepted his role I think he could be serviceable. If we land this 5 star pg from GA or 4 star from Dayton he will be a career backup.

You and I see different things, and that's ok. I can tell you with 100% certainty, the YOUNG MAN is the farthest thing from selfish though.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:40 AM   #62
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well he is a pg… if the ball is on your hands The majority of the time when you’re in I would expect you to have more assists than non pg. Can’t deny he forces way to many. He wasted 4-5 possessions in the wsu game. How does he rank against other pg nationally for assists per 40?
Per 40 minutes JD and DD shoot the ball over 17 times. Mike is at 12.5, MAW is at 12, Mason 11.9, Newman 10.1. Mike also gets to the line more per 40 minutes than all the other guards and wings. This is in addition to having more assists per 40.

He makes some bad decisions at times but none of these things really scream selfish to me.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:12 PM   #63
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
You and I see different things, and that's ok. I can tell you with 100% certainty, the YOUNG MAN is the farthest thing from selfish though.
I’m assuming you must be related to know 100%. I apologize if I’ve offended you or insulted your family member.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:35 AM   #64
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I’m assuming you must be related to know 100%. I apologize if I’ve offended you or insulted your family member.
You are entitled to your opinions. It's what makes for fun/competitive discussions.

And no, you didn't offend me. I'm guilty of judging people and making outlandish claims as well. I just thought you should know that Mike is one of the most unselfish young men I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

Go Bearcats!
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote