Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 07-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #351
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Apparently Astros offered same package plus another prospect to Reds for Cueto. Talks broke down after Reds insisted they add OF prospect Brett Phillips into deal. Astros were unwilling to part with him. Royals are now his biggest suitor and according to Jon Heyman are willing to deal major prospects for him.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #352
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
MLBTR reporting Reds and Mets having discussions about Mets 25 year old SP Zach Wheeler who is out this season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery. Would have to think talk revolve around either Marlon Byrd or Jay Bruce as Mets are desperate for corner outfield offense.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #353
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
MLBTR reporting Reds and Mets having discussions about Mets 25 year old SP Zach Wheeler who is out this season after undergoing Tommy John Surgery. Would have to think talk revolve around either Marlon Byrd or Jay Bruce as Mets are desperate for corner outfield offense.
I'd send them both for Wheeler. I've heard the Mets are after Frazier, but that is more wishful thinking from the fans and media than actual talks. I can't imagine the Reds are shopping Frazier. Curious if Phillips could be involved in a deal for Wheeler. They need an infielder with Wright out. I know they want Tulowitzki or Zobrist, but not sure they're going to be available.

I'd be hard pressed to believe the Mets give up a solid young arm straight up for a Bruce or more so a Byrd. Although Wheeler is supposed to be out until after the start of the season next year which brings his value down to a potential suitor. I could see maybe Bruce and Phillips for Wheeler though. And I'd probably make that deal, even though personally I love Phillips and would hate to see him go. That would open up payroll to throw money at Cueto or to try and sign Leake.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #354
Bcats

Bcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They had discussions, talks are dead.
Bcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #355
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Mets dealt for Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson today, so their need for an infielder has been met. They promoted a guy from AA to play outfield, but I can't imagine that's a long-term fix.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #356
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
By making a trade one day at a time you are putting the ball in the other teams court now they know what position you want for example you just traded Bruce we have a right fielder but we want this player. I think it will be the 31st then the fire works begin.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #357
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

According to MLBTR the Reds are asking for three high level prospects in return for Aroldis Chapman. Nationals are said to be really the only team that MAY be willing to make that deal. Also even though Dodgers have told Yasiel Puig they won't trade him, Buster Olney reports the Dodgers have explored packaging Puig with top prospects (no Seager or Urias) to complete a deal for Johnny Cueto and Chapman.

This is all good news on the Cueto front. Here's why. Royals wants him bad, have already told insiders they will deal top prospects for him. Now with these reports from the Dodgers camp surfacing it is only going to drive the price up and we may get more than we originally thought.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #358
Bcats

Bcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
According to MLBTR the Reds are asking for three high level prospects in return for Aroldis Chapman. Nationals are said to be really the only team that MAY be willing to make that deal. Also even though Dodgers have told Yasiel Puig they won't trade him, Buster Olney reports the Dodgers have explored packaging Puig with top prospects (no Seager or Urias) to complete a deal for Johnny Cueto and Chapman.

This is all good news on the Cueto front. Here's why. Royals wants him bad, have already told insiders they will deal top prospects for him. Now with these reports from the Dodgers camp surfacing it is only going to drive the price up and we may get more than we originally thought.
The dodger rumor is all made up and it was ken rosenthal not buster.
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-yasiel-puig-trade-ken-rosenthal-072415
Bcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #359
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Sorry mixed up sources. But now MLBTR reporting Reds and Royals agreed to deal but one of the players Reds would be receiving failed a medical checkup. Deal is imminent.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #360
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Also prolly should have read the article lol