Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #71
Bearcat09

Bearcat09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
It's going to happen.
Without a doubt it's going to happen. I know people inside the program that are nervous about enough funding for even the new date. Their goal was to raise 40m-45m by December 1 and they reached a little less than 25m. Just keep your fingers crossed
Bearcat09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #72
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat09 View Post
Without a doubt it's going to happen. I know people inside the program that are nervous about enough funding for even the new date. Their goal was to raise 40m-45m by December 1 and they reached a little less than 25m. Just keep your fingers crossed
Let's all buy MegaMillions tickets until someone wins, and agree to fund the new arena with the winnings.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #73
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
So I see "new 5/3rd" is the renovation off? Bulldozing it to ashes and standing a new building in its place? That feels like the way to go I think; UC architecture has passed that building by a far amount. Would 5/3rd still care for naming rights on it since PNC edged them out?
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #74
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure 5/3rd has the naming rights for a couple of more years. Which sucks because they don't have to pay for it to be on the new building....missing out on some serious $$$ there.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #75
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
So I see "new 5/3rd" is the renovation off? Bulldozing it to ashes and standing a new building in its place? That feels like the way to go I think; UC architecture has passed that building by a far amount. Would 5/3rd still care for naming rights on it since PNC edged them out?
Was that ever really an option? That would have cost a fortune, which UC does not have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Pretty sure 5/3rd has the naming rights for a couple of more years. Which sucks because they don't have to pay for it to be on the new building....missing out on some serious $$$ there.
Not really since 5/3rd is already paying $$$ for those naming rights, new building or not.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #76
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Fifth Third already paid UC for the naming rights. They are giving UC no more money as of now.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #77
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Fifth Third already paid UC for the naming rights. They are giving UC no more money as of now.
Whether they are still paying them over the life of the agreement or paid in a lump sum makes no difference. They paid UC to have naming rights over a given time frame. Plus, I doubt there is a huge jump in what UC could charge just because they renovated a building. So they aren't really missing out on money for this. 5/3rd didn't get those rights for free.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #78
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Whether they are still paying them over the life of the agreement or paid in a lump sum makes no difference. They paid UC to have naming rights over a given time frame. Plus, I doubt there is a huge jump in what UC could charge just because they renovated a building. So they aren't really missing out on money for this. 5/3rd didn't get those rights for free.
Correct. Out of Mike Bohn's mouth, 5/3rd paid a certain amount, I forget how much, payable over time for naming rights for a designated period of time. I forget how much longer, I want to say 6 more years but that is purely a speculative guess on my memory. But he did say that they recently had paid in full. He was asked this at a donors meeting in front of about 300 people of which I was one about two months ago.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #79
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I know they paid them, I meant there wouldn't be a new bidding war or something for the rights to the "new" basketball arena UC is building. It will still be 5/3rd from the previous deal.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #80
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@BearcatsTV
A trailer on the announcement of the Fifth-Third Renovations on the University of Cincinnati's campus https://t.co/a6A6P7w4K9
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote