Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Cane's minutes from here on out. It's going to be hard for Cronin to put him and Jenifer on the court together for more than 5 minutes or so. If Cane is running cold he's probably only going to get about 15 minutes. He has to be scoring points if he wants to play 25 minutes+. He also has to be taking care of the ball and playing solid D.

Let's see if he responds well to adversity. He's clearly at a low confidence level right now but it would be a shame if he couldn't adjust his attitude to more of one like "I'll show you" instead of "why me". He's only got about 20 college games left...he needs to make the most of it or die trying.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #22
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Let's see if he responds well to adversity. He's clearly at a low confidence level right now but it would be a shame if he couldn't adjust his attitude to more of one like "I'll show you" instead of "why me". He's only got about 20 college games left...he needs to make the most of it or die trying.

he has had that attitude. we dont win the regular season last year without his run at the end of the season. we don't win the early season tournament this year without his contributions.

but he can have an off game and his playing time gets slashed for multiple games.

he's never done what moore did. cane still is the only guy that can make 1 mistake and it gets him benched for the rest of a half or game. its got to be hard to keep fighting through it for 2 full seasons.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #23
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cane needs a coach like this. its a bad fit for him here.
Attached Images
File Type: png lincomments.PNG (29.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #24
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
he has had that attitude. we dont win the regular season last year without his run at the end of the season. we don't win the early season tournament this year without his contributions.

but he can have an off game and his playing time gets slashed for multiple games.

he's never done what moore did. cane still is the only guy that can make 1 mistake and it gets him benched for the rest of a half or game. its got to be hard to keep fighting through it for 2 full seasons.
Hard to say what Cronin sees on the defensive side. I think he has a slightly longer leash than 1 TO right now. But I guess that could depend on the type of TO he gets. He's not going to get pulled for traveling or dribbling off his leg trying to make a move. 2 dumb passes in short succession will probably do it. One lazy pass might even do it. If he puts points on the board I think his leash is longer provided he plays solid D.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #25
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Hard to say what Cronin sees on the defensive side. I think he has a slightly longer leash than 1 TO right now. But I guess that could depend on the type of TO he gets. He's not going to get pulled for traveling or dribbling off his leg trying to make a move. 2 dumb passes in short succession will probably do it. One lazy pass might even do it. If he puts points on the board I think his leash is longer provided he plays solid D.

whatever the reason is, it doesn't really matter at this point. cane isn't playing anywhere close to his potential and theres really no reason to think he'll get there.

it didn't work out, its a bad fit.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #26
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

The funny thing is I think his confidence got so low (whether with Cronin's help or not) that coach is trying to pick him up now as he realizes he's going to need a confident Broome in the end.

I saw Cane against UCLA walk right into the lane with nobody around him and didn't even look at the bucket. I don't think that has EVER happened. Coach was saying (I think post game) that Broome can't pass up open looks perhaps referring to that play IDK.

Time for a little reverse reverse psychology now
Old 12-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
whatever the reason is, it doesn't really matter at this point. cane isn't playing anywhere close to his potential and theres really no reason to think he'll get there.

it didn't work out, its a bad fit.
Cane's got a lot of pride so I hope (for his sake) that he flips the switch. I agree it isn't looking very likely now...but who knows
Old 12-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
The funny thing is I think his confidence got so low (whether with Cronin's help or not) that coach is trying to pick him up now as he realizes he's going to need a confident Broome in the end.

I saw Cane against UCLA walk right into the lane with nobody around him and didn't even look at the bucket. I don't think that has EVER happened. Coach was saying (I think post game) that Broome can't pass up open looks perhaps referring to that play IDK.

Time for a little reverse reverse psychology now

him and moore both have been passing up shots they should never pass up. who knows why they are doing it. both look like they are out there thinking instead of out there playing.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Pretty simple for me right now. JJ and Williams are playing lights out on both ends of the floor. Factor in that Cane isn't going to take Minutes from Cumberland and it is easy to see why his minutes have gone down. Cane will still have a impact on the seasons success in my opinion. I hope he is ready when called on.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
him and moore both have been passing up shots they should never pass up. who knows why they are doing it. both look like they are out there thinking instead of out there playing.
moore's big problem is he has fallen in love with the pump fake instead of just shooting the rock.

Cane is coming in for JJ and being asked to take care of the ball play defense and facilitate the offense. Don't need him pounding the rock looking for his shot. He needs to take his offense within the flow of the game not forcing it. I think he is trying to do that. He just has not been as effective as JJ at it.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote