Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #51
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
It was 700+ kids in transfer portal. We didn't get not one top 200 transfer and we had best situation to get major minutes. It's still unsigned 2019 top 50 transfers. Three former 5 star guards out to get right now and we not in on none of them? Isn't open offense with 30+ minutes every guard dream? Not to mention at top 25 school with BRAND NEW ARENA. I would've rather signed the top sit out guys than signed one year scrubs. 7-8 deep and load up on next year class.
I love your enthusiasm for the new coach !! what I am reading here is if this coach wins with this team and recruits , great season coach and great future! LOVE IT !!!!! GO CATS !!!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #52
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I love your enthusiasm for the new coach !! what I am reading here is if this coach wins with this team and recruits , great season coach and great future! LOVE IT !!!!! GO CATS !!!!!
Yep agreed. Need to stop worrying about past 5 star recruits that were available that's all they are...gimme a name??? No Zions or you would have heard about them. There's a ton out there because a ton are nothing for whatever reason when they make the jump into college. Remember Jermaine Lawrence? He was a very high rated 5 star and was completely worthless. Just give me a 3 star kid that's a legit baller.
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:22 PM   #53
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhoop View Post
Yep agreed. Need to stop worrying about past 5 star recruits that were available that's all they are...gimme a name??? No Zions or you would have heard about them. There's a ton out there because a ton are nothing for whatever reason when they make the jump into college. Remember Jermaine Lawrence? He was a very high rated 5 star and was completely worthless. Just give me a 3 star kid that's a legit baller.
Give me the 3 five stars, one which is a mc Donald's all American
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:16 AM   #54
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
If we get Saunders do we have any scholarships left
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #55
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
If we get Saunders do we have any scholarships left
Yes because he’s a 2020 scholarship
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #56
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Give me the 3 five stars, one which is a mc Donald's all American
Yes agreed I was referring to the one's that transfer or were available this year not straight out of high school.
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #57
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was 700+ kids in transfer portal. We didn't get not one top 200 transfer and we had best situation to get major minutes. It's still unsigned 2019 top 50 transfers. Three former 5 star guards out to get right now and we not in on none of them? Isn't open offense with 30+ minutes every guard dream? Not to mention at top 25 school with BRAND NEW ARENA. I would've rather signed the top sit out guys than signed one year scrubs. 7-8 deep and load up on next year class.
I hear you but it’s harder than simply saying we have minutes available and a brand new arena. They have to have interest in coming here. Yeah, I wish we would have gotten a few big names but we didn’t. Still too early to start freaking out. Also, it looks like the other Cumberland is coming. That’s a good get.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #58
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
All signs pointing to Jaevin
Old 06-03-2019, 07:40 AM   #59
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I'll take saunders too.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #60
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanhoop View Post
Yes agreed I was referring to the one's that transfer or were available this year not straight out of high school.
You still go need a PG or two next year anyway. This was perfect opportunity to get couple highly ranked guys on board. Hell the #1 transfer period is still unsigned. I'm holding new coach to same standards I held Mick to, if we not getting top 150 recruits I'll rather a local kid get the scholarship. Brennen seems favor local area more than Mick so far I'll give him that. The two grad transfer spots unnecessary and should've been used on 2020 transfers.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote