Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
And Vik.
and mikey, and maw, and davenport
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #62
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
These Miller kids, he had to recruit each and every one. Also bought in defensive studs to rough them up in practice.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:56 AM   #63
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I'm okay with saying Brannen had a great eye for potential, I've said a number of times he'd make a good NBA scout. Just don't let him interact with any of the players.

I'm glad he got us Vik, Mikey, MAW, DDJ and Davenport and Miller managed to re-recruit them. But I'm even happier he got himself fired after only 2 years, guy was a bad coach and horrible at communication and relationship building.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:08 AM   #64
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm okay with saying Brannen had a great eye for potential, I've said a number of times he'd make a good NBA scout. Just don't let him interact with any of the players.

I'm glad he got us Vik, Mikey, MAW, DDJ and Davenport and Miller managed to re-recruit them. But I'm even happier he got himself fired after only 2 years, guy was a bad coach and horrible at communication and relationship building.
We have had coaches and styles before that players would run through a brick wall for and at least one coach that they would rather the coach run through the brick wall.

But Wes seems like he knows how this all works even better. If anyone runs through the wall we all do. Did I stutter?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #65
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
These Miller kids, he had to recruit each and every one. Also bought in defensive studs to rough them up in practice.
There are a lot of similarities to what both coaches recruit(ed). That is Brannen and Miller. The factors they most sought after was a winning attitude, the right frame of mind, work ethic etc.

Talent is obviously going to be the reason you show up to watch. But the mindset was a very big deal to both which is why it is probably working out so well.

With a lot of 5 star and high 4 stars you get kids with entitled attitudes so getting many of those will be difficult because a talented player with a great attitude is pretty rare and sought after.

Penny can let you know the best recruiting classes are not just talent related. I think Sampson has a better grasp on how to recruit.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #66
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Chad has credited Sean Dwyer with Getting Vik. He scouted him, made the connection and thought he was good enough. Brannen just helped get him over here
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #67
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Justin, totally agree on happy to have Coach Miller.
But I still haven’t heard, beyond hearsay, what Brannen did
so egregiously. Exceed NCAA practice limits ?
Multiple practices in a day ? Running players till
they puke ?
I’m not defending, I’ve just never heard the
finished story.
I don’t even care. He’s gone.

I don’t want to bring up old shit any way. Brannen hasn’t been hired by anyone else so that speaks for itself.

And UC feels it’s case Is good enough to not settle.

Either way, Brannen was an awful coach and an awful person by most accounts. We got the guy who connected 3 generations of previous coaches together, won a huge game in year 1 and is the only new coach to ever start 5-0 at UC

It’s all rainbows and sunshines everywhere except the Brannen house and I’m cool with that
Old 11-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #68
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
There are a lot of similarities to what both coaches recruit(ed). That is Brannen and Miller. The factors they most sought after was a winning attitude, the right frame of mind, work ethic etc.

Talent is obviously going to be the reason you show up to watch. But the mindset was a very big deal to both which is why it is probably working out so well.

With a lot of 5 star and high 4 stars you get kids with entitled attitudes so getting many of those will be difficult because a talented player with a great attitude is pretty rare and sought after.

Penny can let you know the best recruiting classes are not just talent related. I think Sampson has a better grasp on how to recruit.

Unfortunately for us, Sampson is starting to land 5 star players. If he gets them to work the way mick & Sampson get their 5 star guys to work then it will be a problem for both this league & the big 12

That said I think Wes is capable of landing the right kind of 5 star especially with the Big 12 coming.

With the way Wes plays so deep into his bench, I think you only need 1 star player on his teams coupled with a deep versatile bench and it’s a winning recipe
Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #69
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I have feeling Rayvon stays home!
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote