Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #61
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
It's year one. I'm amazed at the number of posters pining over a coach who walked off the court early while being blown out by 40 points in his last game. We have a lot to work on, but Miller is fine as a coach.
I'm concerned about his coaching based on his career at UNCG. He has never run an efficient offense. Brannen at least ran motion with some intent of getting rim looks. Cronin at least ran sets and focused on limiting turnovers. This team looks like it's playing pickup basketball.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #62
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
The offense and rebounding were bad as usual. What was surprising was how awful we were on defense. We had no adjustments for Nunge. We went behind screens all night instead of blitzing or doubling to try an force turnovers. We played a fairly passive straight man defense that was getting consistently beat.

The bright spots were Lakhin and Newman. Lakhin and Ody are the only guys who really look to score when they are in the paint. Newman was the only guy playing decent defense out there. Hensley also looked ok. He's decisive with and without the ball, which is nice to see from a young guy. I think he can be a good player with more experience.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 10:36 PM   #63
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
The offense and rebounding were bad as usual. What was surprising was how awful we were on defense. We had no adjustments for Nunge. We went behind screens all night instead of blitzing or doubling to try an force turnovers. We played a fairly passive straight man defense that was getting consistently beat.

The bright spots were Lakhin and Newman. Lakhin and Ody are the only guys who really look to score when they are in the paint. Newman was the only guy playing decent defense out there. Hensley also looked ok. He's decisive with and without the ball, which is nice to see from a young guy. I think he can be a good player with more experience.
I was thinking the same thing about Lakhin. He is scrappy for a big guy. What do all the honorable mentions have in common? Miller brought them in.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:41 AM   #64
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I wonder would Mcmillan even accept offer at this point. Miller better get Griffin or this going get ugly quick. He absolutely can't play entire roster every game. That has stop immediately!
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:45 AM   #65
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
It's year one. I'm amazed at the number of posters pining over a coach who walked off the court early while being blown out by 40 points in his last game. We have a lot to work on, but Miller is fine as a coach.
Bro Jacob, You, and Me were on Brannen head from day 1. Miller 7-3 so its not that ugly to me but he's most definitely FAIR GAME for any criticism.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:47 AM   #66
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
So someone gets his second technical and earns chest bumps from his coaches and a roar from the crowd. CLASSLESS as usual for X.
I love it. If the Catholic act like this? Can you imagine how city kids supposed act. Do you think Withrow would allow Elder to act this way? Man the F up! Im tired of crying of grown man on how kids act in most important gane of their lifes.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:49 AM   #67
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Isaiah Miller saved Wes Miller. This offense works in MAC when you have NBA guy playing on that level. Its not working when every team you play has NBA athleticism.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:50 AM   #68
TheRealMick
Elite Member

MAW, Madsen, Newman all need their scholarships evaluated at end of year. I'll take Mcmillan right now over all 3 of them.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:51 AM   #69
TheRealMick
Elite Member

AJ Anthony or McGinnis 3rd best guard on team
Old 12-12-2021, 07:01 AM   #70
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Bro Jacob, You, and Me were on Brannen head from day 1. Miller 7-3 so its not that ugly to me but he's most definitely FAIR GAME for any criticism.
Criticism is fair, but there's a difference between criticism and some of what was said by others in this thread. Calling the coach terrible after 10 games in his first season is a bit much (and not something I did with Brannen).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote