Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #21
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Not worried about UConn or making it harder to leave when we move on. I do think another round of expansion is coming and UC will be on the inside, though I think it might be the SEC that comes calling. It makes sense as there is a push to require 9 regular season conference games. rather than play more tougher opponents as the SEC is loaded, I think they will wrongly assume they can footprint and take on quality opponents the big boys can beat. This will not work so well for them when playing in Nippert. A lot will depend on if the Big 12 survives, i.e. the Texas/OU marriage stays together. I think the Big 12 will look to expand in 2024/25 with next tv deal because moving to the Pac12 is no longer feasible for the top 2 programs. They will look long and hard at UCF, Houston, Memphis, USF, and UC (along with BYU and Boise St). I believe UC will fall to the SEC because 'Bama wants to get into tO$U's backyard. I think the other team will be UCF because Florida is an important recruiting state and we are the top two targets for SEC because Vandy and UT eliminate Memphis and TA&M eliminates Houston. Houston and Memphis to Big 12 makes more sense because Texas legislature wants another Texas team and Memphis adds footprint. All of that goes out the door as any American team will leap at the first offer. The SEC is king and hasn't expanded in quite some time so here's hoping they strike pre-emptively to keep king status.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #22
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
Not worried about UConn or making it harder to leave when we move on. I do think another round of expansion is coming and UC will be on the inside, though I think it might be the SEC that comes calling. It makes sense as there is a push to require 9 regular season conference games. rather than play more tougher opponents as the SEC is loaded, I think they will wrongly assume they can footprint and take on quality opponents the big boys can beat. This will not work so well for them when playing in Nippert. A lot will depend on if the Big 12 survives, i.e. the Texas/OU marriage stays together. I think the Big 12 will look to expand in 2024/25 with next tv deal because moving to the Pac12 is no longer feasible for the top 2 programs. They will look long and hard at UCF, Houston, Memphis, USF, and UC (along with BYU and Boise St). I believe UC will fall to the SEC because 'Bama wants to get into tO$U's backyard. I think the other team will be UCF because Florida is an important recruiting state and we are the top two targets for SEC because Vandy and UT eliminate Memphis and TA&M eliminates Houston. Houston and Memphis to Big 12 makes more sense because Texas legislature wants another Texas team and Memphis adds footprint. All of that goes out the door as any American team will leap at the first offer. The SEC is king and hasn't expanded in quite some time so here's hoping they strike pre-emptively to keep king status.
I’ve been saying we’d end up in the SEC for years. It just makes perfect sense IMO. Not only would they add Ohio, a HS football hotbed, they’d be adding a storied and good basketball program as well. And UC and UK would be a natural rivalry; I already can’t stand them and we never play each other. I would love a home and home with UK every year. Anyway, like I said, it seems like a perfect fit to me, that’s where I’d wanna end up at this point
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote