Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #21
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillCosby View Post
I think they hold out for a SF or PF transfer, unless Cronin really likes him.
UC has already offered, and as far as I know are still pursuing him. Are you just making a guess? Because if so, I disagree.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #22
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
UC has already offered, and as far as I know are still pursuing him. Are you just making a guess? Because if so, I disagree.
yea I agree with you, because of Williams
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #23
TrillCosby

TrillCosby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cronin hasn't even seen him play yet...
TrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #24
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillCosby View Post
Cronin hasn't even seen him play yet...
UC offered him literally a month ago. You really think they'd just retract that now?
Old 02-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #25
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Yea Im not really sure how everything works on 247. Collins is still unrated on his 247 page, but if you scroll down he is #150 on the 247 composite while Williams is #165. Williams is #126 however on his non composite 247 ranking

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Bas...oup=HighSchool
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@ChadBrendel
Cincinnati will host @Firstlove_hoops PG David Collins on an unofficial visit for the Tulsa game today. #Bearcats
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:47 AM   #27
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@ChadBrendel
Cincinnati will host @Firstlove_hoops PG David Collins on an unofficial visit for the Tulsa game today. #Bearcats
Nice to hear. I would like to get this kid!
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #28
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

I have no inside sources, but it sounds like this kid is a UC-lean. Think a pretty ideal scenario to wrap this recruiting class up would be to get a commitment from this kid. Also, I hate wishing for kids to transfer, but if Quad were to transfer and open up a spot for a frontcourt juco/transfer that will be ready for once Clark and Washington are gone, that'd be fantastic. I worry about our post-game once those two are gone.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have no inside sources, but it sounds like this kid is a UC-lean. Think a pretty ideal scenario to wrap this recruiting class up would be to get a commitment from this kid. Also, I hate wishing for kids to transfer, but if Quad were to transfer and open up a spot for a frontcourt juco/transfer that will be ready for once Clark and Washington are gone, that'd be fantastic. I worry about our post-game once those two are gone.
I can't imagine Moore would leave now. Sit out 1 to play 1? And likely at a low-level school? I'm not counting on that.

I'm hoping Brooks develops into an enforcer and allows us to go small often with Evans, Williams, and Cumberland at the "2/3/4". We should also have a great chance at a big guy in 2018. Walk in the door as a FR with tons of opportunity for PT on a Top 25 team. Sounds appealing. Not sure what to expect from Scott, but at worst he'll be around as a role player. I'd rather roll the dice on him and a 2018 4* than grab a JUCO PF.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #30
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I can't imagine Moore would leave now. Sit out 1 to play 1? And likely at a low-level school? I'm not counting on that.

I'm hoping Brooks develops into an enforcer and allows us to go small often with Evans, Williams, and Cumberland at the "2/3/4". We should also have a great chance at a big guy in 2018. Walk in the door as a FR with tons of opportunity for PT on a Top 25 team. Sounds appealing. Not sure what to expect from Scott, but at worst he'll be around as a role player. I'd rather roll the dice on him and a 2018 4* than grab a JUCO PF.
The more I see of Brooks, the more I like him. Like a lot of freshmen, he's too indecisive. However, his size is legit, he moves well, his defense is reasonably solid (particularly if he can learn to guard without fouling a little better) and his limited offensive moves look ok. I think he could be formidable by his junior year when we actually need him.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote