Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 09-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #31
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Yeah one good thing is that crowd. It's ridiculous considering our normal draws. Seriously have to consider if it being downtown is causation here rather than simply correlation. I'm not one of those "move it downtown!" shillers since I love Nippert, just finding it interesting how the numbers are working out.
UC needs to find a way to change the perception of Clifton. Too many people believe that parking is impossible, the neighborhood isn't safe, and there's nothing to do before and after games. Of course we don't believe that, but some casual fans do.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #32
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
UC needs to find a way to change the perception of Clifton. Too many people believe that parking is impossible, the neighborhood isn't safe, and there's nothing to do before and after games. Of course we don't believe that, but some casual fans do.
You say of course "we" don't believe that, but I want to add an asterisk to that. I've been a student there for 5 years, finally finishing up, and only recently have come to terms that if you really want parking, you can find it, that it isn't safe and all that... kind of hard on that second part considering the almost daily "someone got mugged" emails they send out, but I understand your point.

Not sure how they can go about changing the perception though. All the new construction around the area is promising, but the only way to know about it is to see it, so I don't know.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #33
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Does UC collect 100% of the ticket revenue this year?
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #34
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I was gone for the past 2 weeks on my honeymoon and I missed the game. I saw an article about some football players being arrested at a party. I was surprised no one on here was talking about that.

Is all good with our team?!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #35
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I was gone for the past 2 weeks on my honeymoon and I missed the game. I saw an article about some football players being arrested at a party. I was surprised no one on here was talking about that.

Is all good with our team?!
Congrats!!! May you have many years of happiness together.

Teams is alright. Need to keep improving week to week especially defensively.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #36
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Congrats!!! May you have many years of happiness together.

Teams is alright. Need to keep improving week to week especially defensively.
Thank you sir! Can't wait to celebrate it with ya this year before a game. That is good to hear about the team. I'll be making the drive up to O$U for the game. I'm excited to finally see the team in action this year. (good or bad)
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #37
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Thank you sir! Can't wait to celebrate it with ya this year before a game. That is good to hear about the team. I'll be making the drive up to O$U for the game. I'm excited to finally see the team in action this year. (good or bad)
absolutely. Bring home a winner.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote