Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Good analysis, I agree. Assuming we get past Marshall this weekend (though we all know what assuming does), we should be top 10 next week. What I've had my eye on is New Mexico. They are 10-0 and climbing up the charts. We each have 3 games left that we should win before that game on the 27th. If that happens, we could be watching a top 10 showdown Thursday night on ESPN after watching the football team (unfortunately I can't attend either in person with work).
Agreed New Mexico will be the toughest of our OOC schedule, but we can't look past any of the three games before hand, Marshall and Xavier will always be tough, and sometimes you never know what you're gonna get with Wright State (probably not much). But if we aren't focused for any of those games we could leave with an embarrassing loss.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
My only concern would be #13 Illinios leaping us, they looked damn good in the 2nd half knocking off the Zags.
You were spot on! I am ok with this ranking as well. I think all the cats need to be focused on is the Marshall game because that will be a great road test. I am not worried about them not being prepared because the players and coaches have to have the loss to them last year in their minds. I am getting more and more excited for the match up against New Mexico! What a get for Cronin to schedule them and its looking like a premier show down with them.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
Agreed New Mexico will be the toughest of our OOC schedule, but we can't look past any of the three games before hand, Marshall and Xavier will always be tough, and sometimes you never know what you're gonna get with Wright State (probably not much). But if we aren't focused for any of those games we could leave with an embarrassing loss.
No doubt. We certainly need to show up against Xavier and Marshall. Interesting this game is not being played at Marshall. The game is actually being played in Charleston about an hour away. Couple that with Marshall's slow start, hopefully the crowd won't be too much of a home court advantage. This is a dangerous team if they get going. And as for looking ahead, I realize it's never a good idea; hence the assume comment. But as a fan, I don't have to concentrate on the next game and I can get excited for games in two weeks or in March. And this is the type of team that on December 10th you are already hoping you can set up some road trips in March.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
No doubt. We certainly need to show up against Xavier and Marshall. Interesting this game is not being played at Marshall. The game is actually being played in Charleston about an hour away. Couple that with Marshall's slow start, hopefully the crowd won't be too much of a home court advantage. This is a dangerous team if they get going. And as for looking ahead, I realize it's never a good idea; hence the assume comment. But as a fan, I don't have to concentrate on the next game and I can get excited for games in two weeks or in March. And this is the type of team that on December 10th you are already hoping you can set up some road trips in March.
very true. but i doubt Marshall fans travel well for a mediocre basketball team. but i guess we will see
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Illinois really deserves to leap frog us (and some other teams). Their Brandon Paul is for real.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
AP Poll: UC #11
Coaches: UC #12

Yesssss sir! Love seeing this! New Mexico jumped up to #18 in the AP as well. That will be a big matchup.
Get excited. After uc runs through the OOC schedule undefeated, well be top 3
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Get excited. After uc runs through the OOC schedule undefeated, well be top 3
If we go thru OOC undefeated I bet we're around #6. 3 is pushing it.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Agree. A big part of how close to top 5 we get are the teams in front of us and what they do.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Absolutely not. Uc will be top 3. Top 5 at worst
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Absolutely not. Uc will be top 3. Top 5 at worst
UC will not be in the Top 3 by beating Marshall, XU, Wright State, and New Mexico. Anyone who thinks so either knows very little about college basketball or has his head so far up MC's rectum that his judgement is clouded (or browned).
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote