Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 09-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Why would conference games count? Someone will get an FBS win! If you count that we are 2-12, 1-11 if you are a sane person. I told you not to question me Rob.
Why would they count? Cuz it's an fbs school!! I quote you "1-4 vs fbs competition" AAC schools are fbs competition last time I checked therefore your post was inaccurate and simply wrong. If u gonna be that fan that constantly hates on the conference and keeps track of record vs fbs do it right. Your post was wrong buddy
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Why would they count? Cuz it's an fbs school!! I quote you "1-4 vs fbs competition" AAC schools are fbs competition last time I checked therefore your post was inaccurate and simply wrong. If u gonna be that fan that constantly hates on the conference and keeps track of record vs fbs do it right. Your post was wrong buddy
Dude this conference is horrible. Don't take it personally but the overwhelming majority if people will make fun of this league. We need out this shit conference bad.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Terrible conference, and there's no defending it. If Cincinnati doesn't run the table in the AAC, they don't deserve to go to a big-time bowl game. Anything less than 10-2 (8-0) this season will be a huge disappointment IMO.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #14
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Terrible conference, and there's no defending it. If Cincinnati doesn't run the table in the AAC, they don't deserve to go to a big-time bowl game. Anything less than 10-2 (8-0) this season will be a huge disappointment IMO.
I agree the conference is bad. About on par with the Big Ten.

That said, we haven't seen a UC game yet this year and until we do, it may be premature to suggest they will run the table in the conference. Now, I expect them to be the best team in the league, but you never know. The biggest question I have is the defense. I expect the offense to put up some points this year.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Our conference is garbage. The teams at the bottom are God awful. I expected Memphis to be one of those teams since they've been terrible for a decade now but I was surprised to see them give UCLA a game. Either Memphis is very much improved as a football team or UCLA isn't as good as everyone is predicting.

The good news is that OSU looks pretty terrible so there's a chance we can steal one at the shoe. They'll probably go undefeated or 1 loss in a very weak Big 10 conference so that should be a nice win for the Cats.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #16
Robert
Elite Member

East Carolina up 21-0 on #17 Virginia Tech in the 1st quarter. UCF over #20 Missouri 10-7. At least there should be 2 other good teams in this conference. Why the AAC denied us a Cincinnati-UCF matchup for a 2nd consecutive year is beyond me. Mike Aresco is incompetent.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #17
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
East Carolina up 21-0 on #17 Virginia Tech in the 1st quarter. UCF over #20 Missouri 10-7. At least there should be 2 other good teams in this conference. Why the AAC denied us a Cincinnati-UCF matchup for a 2nd consecutive year is beyond me. Mike Aresco is incompetent.
Yes east carolina is a very good team, thats going to be a fun game when they come to paul brown on a thursday night on espn, it should be a shootout. Both teams could be ranked then as well might be one of our biggest crowds.......Memphis isnt not bad this year either
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
UCF lost 38-10 Robby...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
UCF lost 38-10 Robby...
Missouri is so underrated.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
Robert
Elite Member

Quote:
UCF lost 38-10 Robby...
And ECU beat Virginia Tech 28-21 after giving South Carolina a decent game last week. Conference sucks, but ECU is a good team. Looking forward to seeing them later this year.