Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #71
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Heard things slightly different than 32. The concern for Ratliffe was always getting him on campus. He was a southern lean from the get go. The staff felt "if" they could get him here they had a good shot at signing him. It was always going to be tough to pull him away from the south though. He could have been a real difference maker imho.

Back up plan? I believe I have heard of the same PF as 32. The concern is you add more of the same attitude you already have and a defensive liability. If this kid can be motivated you may have something special, but this program doesn't need another big trying to play wing. Jackson will have an impact. He won't be all league but he will play. The concern is quality low post depth. Gaines will not be much beyond some spot defensive minutes this season. The whispers I have heard are that they are looking at players being released from LOI's due to coaching changes.

UC has been on the 5 star guard since late this past fall. It's really not that hard to figure out who it is and there was actually a little blurb about it around December. It's a long shot but Lance being gone actually could help this situation. Steele is another kid that has a heavy southern lean but he would definitively fit the sharp shooter mold. I'm hoping Burton makes it back and wants to be a Bearcat. I still think this kid is a diamond.

I haven't heard anything about wing players, so I'll leave that alone. Just thought since others were putting some things out that I'd add my two cents.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #72
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
For those interested...........

Two junior college players commit to Missouri
April 11, 2010
By: Alex Ruppenthal

One of the nation’s highest-rated junior college men’s basketball players has verbally committed to Missouri.

A childhood friend of Ricardo Ratliffe, a 6-foot-8 226-pound forward from Central Florida Community College, told the Missourian on Sunday night that Ratliffe has verbally committed to play for the Tigers after visiting MU this weekend. Sterling Sanders, who attended the same high school as Ratliffe in Hampton, Virginia, said Ratliffe told him Sunday that he had committed to Missouri.

PowerMizzou.com first reported Ratliffe’s verbal commitment, along with the commitment of another junior college player – Matt Pressey from Navarro Junior College in Corsicana, Texas. Pressey also visited MU this weekend, according to PowerMizzou.com. He is a 6-foot-2 guard and the older brother of Phil Pressey, a high school senior who signed his letter of intent to play at Missouri in November of last year. Matt and Phil’s father, Paul Pressey, was an NBA player for 10 years.

Multiple posts to social media Web sites by Missouri players and graduate assistant Michael Anderson Jr. allude to the commitments. Ratliffe and Pressey cannot official sign with Missouri until Wednesday, the start of the NCAA’s spring signing period.

If Missouri adds Ratliffe and Pressey, two current players will be leaving the Tigers because Missouri would need to free up two scholarships. Sophomore Miguel Paul posted the following on his Facebook page: I love my fans, mizzou fans, and the team. God knows they are like my brothers but its time for me to move on to a better opportunity for my family and I. I wouldn’t trade or take back nothing from these last two years. I will always be a tiger GOOD LUCK MIZZOU (MIZ – ZOU)

Rumors on internet message boards over the past week suspected Paul and freshman Tyler Stone would be transferring.

http://mizzoubasketball.wordpress.co...t-to-missouri/

Ratliffe: I didn't want to wait.
April 12, 2010

Playing time is something Ratliffe has talked about throughout the recruiting process. But while the Tigers offer that, it was their success on the court the last couple of seasons that played a major factor in the end.

"That was a big plus," Ratliffe said. "A lot of the other schools I was looking at, they were up and coming programs. It felt good going to a program that was already established, already went to an Elite eight and has a very successful coach. He knows what he's doing and has a lot of experience."

Of Ratliffe's final five, the Tigers were one of just two who went to the NCAA Tournament this year. And the other finalist that made the field, Clemson, was beaten by Missouri in round one. He had already visited Clemson, Arkansas and Alabama and was supposed to take a trip to Cincinnati next weekend, which he has now cancelled.

"I didn't want to wait. I didn't want them to waste their time or their money on a plane ticket or food or anything," Ratliffe said. "I figured I'd save them some time and some money because I knew where I wanted to go."

http://www.rockmnation.com/2010/4/12...-links-4-12-10
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #73
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to look at Cody Larson from his LOI. Though I'm betting Larson ends up at IU.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-13-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #74
ucgrad94

ucgrad94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
For those interested...........

Two junior college players commit to Missouri
April 11, 2010
By: Alex Ruppenthal

One of the nation’s highest-rated junior college men’s basketball players has verbally committed to Missouri.

A childhood friend of Ricardo Ratliffe, a 6-foot-8 226-pound forward from Central Florida Community College, told the Missourian on Sunday night that Ratliffe has verbally committed to play for the Tigers after visiting MU this weekend. Sterling Sanders, who attended the same high school as Ratliffe in Hampton, Virginia, said Ratliffe told him Sunday that he had committed to Missouri.

PowerMizzou.com first reported Ratliffe’s verbal commitment, along with the commitment of another junior college player – Matt Pressey from Navarro Junior College in Corsicana, Texas. Pressey also visited MU this weekend, according to PowerMizzou.com. He is a 6-foot-2 guard and the older brother of Phil Pressey, a high school senior who signed his letter of intent to play at Missouri in November of last year. Matt and Phil’s father, Paul Pressey, was an NBA player for 10 years.

Multiple posts to social media Web sites by Missouri players and graduate assistant Michael Anderson Jr. allude to the commitments. Ratliffe and Pressey cannot official sign with Missouri until Wednesday, the start of the NCAA’s spring signing period.

If Missouri adds Ratliffe and Pressey, two current players will be leaving the Tigers because Missouri would need to free up two scholarships. Sophomore Miguel Paul posted the following on his Facebook page: I love my fans, mizzou fans, and the team. God knows they are like my brothers but its time for me to move on to a better opportunity for my family and I. I wouldn’t trade or take back nothing from these last two years. I will always be a tiger GOOD LUCK MIZZOU (MIZ – ZOU)

Rumors on internet message boards over the past week suspected Paul and freshman Tyler Stone would be transferring.

http://mizzoubasketball.wordpress.co...t-to-missouri/

Ratliffe: I didn't want to wait.
April 12, 2010

Playing time is something Ratliffe has talked about throughout the recruiting process. But while the Tigers offer that, it was their success on the court the last couple of seasons that played a major factor in the end.

"That was a big plus," Ratliffe said. "A lot of the other schools I was looking at, they were up and coming programs. It felt good going to a program that was already established, already went to an Elite eight and has a very successful coach. He knows what he's doing and has a lot of experience."

Of Ratliffe's final five, the Tigers were one of just two who went to the NCAA Tournament this year. And the other finalist that made the field, Clemson, was beaten by Missouri in round one. He had already visited Clemson, Arkansas and Alabama and was supposed to take a trip to Cincinnati next weekend, which he has now cancelled.

"I didn't want to wait. I didn't want them to waste their time or their money on a plane ticket or food or anything," Ratliffe said. "I figured I'd save them some time and some money because I knew where I wanted to go."

http://www.rockmnation.com/2010/4/12...-links-4-12-10
This doesnt suprise me, I said 3 weeks ago he would end up at Missouri.
ucgrad94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #75
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
Ratliff to UC may not be dead yet. I hope Oregon makes a strong push for Anderson.

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb...ory?id=5099273
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #76
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
This is worth keepin an eye on
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #77
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post
Ratliff to UC may not be dead yet. I hope Oregon makes a strong push for Anderson.

The St. Louis Dispatch has also reported the contact. The story states they could offer Anderson as much as $3 mil yearly.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #78
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post

Latest rumors..??? Could be huge.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #79
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

ESPN reported at 11:00 last night that Anderson is staying put
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #80
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Yahoo has the same thing posted this morning.