Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'11 AL SG Devin Langford

2011 SG, 6'6" 180lbs: Devin Langford
Huntsville, Alabama
Lee High School

Offer: No.
Other offers: Alabama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Georgia, Marquette

Rivals Bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...angford-104303
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
12/16/09:

According to ESPN.com's Maryland affiliate www.InsideMDSports.com, Terrapins assistant coach Keith Booth is expected to head to Louisville this weekend to watch Class of 2011 wing forward Devin Langford.

Langford and his Lee High squad will be participating in the King of the Bluegrass tournament.

Lee head coach Greg Brown says the Terps, despite offering a scholarship, are in Langford's top five along with Alabama, Cincinnati, Marquette and Illinois.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2010
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
That would be a nice pull. I like 6'6 shooters. That is exactly what this team needs.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Langford has tremendous all around talent. He has one downside to his game. He is too unselfish. The one knock on him by recruiters is that he isn't aggressive enough with the basketball. It is said to be the one thing that keeps him from being elite. Ball skills, quickness and athleticism and now standing 6'7" and weighing 200 lbs., he can do it all and has a sweet stroke. He holds current offers from Alabama, Georgia, Maryland and Wake Forest. He lists Cincinnati on his schools of interest.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
BamaCat

BamaCat is on a distinguished road
Clip of Devin Langford during Championship Game for Lee High School. He would be a great pick up!

http://videos.al.com/al/2010/02/lee-...ghts_from.html
BamaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCat View Post
Clip of Devin Langford during Championship Game for Lee High School. He would be a great pick up!

http://videos.al.com/al/2010/02/lee-...ghts_from.html
Which player is he? Tough to tell in the video.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
My brother has coached for 20 plus years at Springville High School in Alabama and has won numerous COY awards. He says Devin is an elite player. As a man that is asked to assist in camps all over the country I respect his opinion greatly. He has put out a couple calls for me to coaches in the Huntsville area and is going to get some first hand info for me. He coached in a summer camp last year that Devin played in and to quote him, "He is the real deal." He thinks he has 5 star talent when he asserts himself.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
TheLoganator

TheLoganator is on a distinguished road
What are our chances to get this guy? He sounds like a stud
TheLoganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
I think it is extrememly difficult to get guys from the South out of the South. I hope I'm wrong, but it just seems that way.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
I think it is extrememly difficult to get guys from the South out of the South. I hope I'm wrong, but it just seems that way.
I think you're right. They are usually heavy SEC or ACC leans. Don't know how accurate it is but I heard Auburn has been hitting Langford up pretty hard. Everything I see and hear to this point though has UC in his top 5.