Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'10 Il. PG Fabyon Harris (Houston Verbal)

Fabyon Harris | PG

Hometown Chicago, IL
High School Hyde Park Academy High School
Position rank Point Guard # 53
Height 5'8"
Weight 155 lbs

"SMU's loss will be someone else's gain — and the list of potential someones keeps growing. DePaul, Houston, Cincinnati and Kansas State are the leaders, Kirksey said."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...yon-harris-smu
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Do you know anything about his game? At 5'8" I wonder if he is similar to a Devan Downey?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Just video. Soft shot from 3, how consistent I can't say. Good handle, very quick and saw him finish inside. Kid has been thru some major adversity and it seems like he wants to get out of Chicago so that may be a plus for Cincinnati.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

"Class of 2010 Chicago Hyde Park star Fabyon Harris is now once again on the board, and has achieved the necessary test score to become an academic qualifier. Harris rates as one of the top Class of 2010 basketball prospects in the state of Illinois.

Harris, a 5'9" point guard, was outstanding this past season at Hyde Park, and closed out the year as one of the top scorer's in the state of Illinois. Harris is a superb floor leader who is comfortable functioning as either a scorer, or as a ball-distributor.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/fabyonopen.html
Old 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
yanks26ngoin

yanks26ngoin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Do you know anything about his game? At 5'8" I wonder if he is similar to a Devan Downey?
If he is even alittle bit similar to Downey, sign him up! I absolutely loved Downey's game. He was a terrific player, and it was so hard to see him go. He was great for us, and I knew he could be even better, but I had no idea he would turn out to be as good as he ended up being. He was such a dominant and clutch performer for South Carolina, and lit up IMO the best team in the country, Kentucky. Damn, if Harris' game is similar to Downey's in any way, I sincerely hope Mick puts on the full on press and get this kid.

Plus, its story's like his that would get UC on ESPN nationally on a consistent basis, when he plays. Which, in turn gives UC more publicity.

Last edited by yanks26ngoin; 05-03-2010 at 04:14 PM.
yanks26ngoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin View Post
If he is even alittle bit similar to Downey, sign him up! I absolutely loved Downey's game. He was a terrific player, and it was so hard to see him go. He was great for us, and I knew he could be even better, but I had no idea he would turn out to be as good as he ended up being. He was such a dominant and clutch performer for South Carolina, and lit up IMO the best team in the country, Kentucky. Damn, if Harris' game is similar to Downey's in any way, I sincerely hope Mick puts on the full on press and get this kid.

Plus, its story's like his that would get UC on ESPN nationally on a consistent basis, when he plays. Which, in turn gives UC more publicity.
this kid has virtually zero publicity nationally, i dont see him getting us any exposure. also keep in mind that downey was a top 40 player coming out of high school....its a lofty comparison just to compare and sub 5'10" player to downey.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
this kid has virtually zero publicity nationally, i dont see him getting us any exposure. also keep in mind that downey was a top 40 player coming out of high school....its a lofty comparison just to compare and sub 5'10" player to downey.
He has zero publicity, in part, because many people didn't think he would qualify. I just asked the question if his game was similar to Downey's because I think Downey had the ideal game to succeed in the NCAA for someone under 6'0. I don't think anyone has said that he has a similar game to Downey. Yanks26ngoin just said that IF he is like Downey, sign him up. If you have some info on the kid or have seen him play, please let us know. At this point, we know very little about the kid.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
There are plenty of recruits who have gotten a lot of publicity and they didn't qualify. That rarely has anything to do with it.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
There are plenty of recruits who have gotten a lot of publicity and they didn't qualify. That rarely has anything to do with it.
That's why I said "in part." Of course there are players who don't qualify that have publicity. There are also players who would have much more hype if it wasn't a foregone conclusion that they were going the prep school route. It plays a part whether you like it or not. I am not saying this kid is the second coming or that he would have had all the hype in the world but to say it rarely has anything to do with it is naiive.

Also, hype, like rankings, have more to do with who is recruiting the kid than anything else. That is why players get random bumps or drops by recruiting services at the end of the year when games are over. If the "Big Boys" are recruiting him than he must be a great player.

Last edited by JasonS; 05-03-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
He has zero publicity, in part, because many people didn't think he would qualify. I just asked the question if his game was similar to Downey's because I think Downey had the ideal game to succeed in the NCAA for someone under 6'0. I don't think anyone has said that he has a similar game to Downey. Yanks26ngoin just said that IF he is like Downey, sign him up. If you have some info on the kid or have seen him play, please let us know. At this point, we know very little about the kid.
my only point was that hes not going to get us increased espn exposure.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote