Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #31
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I am not a recruiting expert. I don't have any inside info to offer really other than a lot of offers are out there right now. I would not trust the "interest level" on 247 as I don't find it reliable at all. Not sure we are getting that close on any guys now but July evaluations are going on.

The one guy that we are in on that seems to have some legit mutual interest would be Sage Tolentino. Don't know if a decision is expected since he de-committed recently. Rumor is he wants to stay closer to Cincinnati but there are a lot of great schools in the region. I would put this one at 50-50 right now as a best guess. That's not bad in the recruiting world.

I know Leon Bond was a high interest of ours but Wes is getting in late on building some of these new relationships and there is other major interest. I would put this at 25-33% as a best guess.

Outside of that a lot of offers out there but not hearing a lot of heat on anyone. I don't think I would put a % higher than 25% on any/many of them at the moment.
Sounds like Sage will announce his commitment somewhere today potentially on or during a Mo Egger broadcast with Brendel.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #32
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds like Sage will announce his commitment somewhere today potentially on or during a Mo Egger broadcast with Brendel.
is that who the bat signal is for?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #33
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
wink wink...I don't know
Old 07-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #34
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
wink wink...I don't know
Could be more news than just one item

Maybe not all basketball

I have no clue really but putting pieces together
Old 07-15-2021, 03:46 PM   #35
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Sounds like a done deal now

F! Yah!!
Old 07-15-2021, 04:49 PM   #36
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Great addition, currently ranked 155 in the Nation, number 4 in Ohio.

Good athlete, seems to move well. Shows a lot of skill on offense, moves well, has good handle for his size, can shoot it from outside and has some post up moves.

The bad: Not an elite athlete, lazy on D at times (who is HS basketball isn't), seems foul prone, needs to put on a lot of weight.

Seems like a guy who will have the ability to play immediately, but will probably be bothered by physicality and be foul prone in his first year or two. Give him time in the monster factory and time to improve in terms of fouls and defense and he could be a star as an upperclassman.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:01 AM   #37
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Great addition, currently ranked 155 in the Nation, number 4 in Ohio.

Good athlete, seems to move well. Shows a lot of skill on offense, moves well, has good handle for his size, can shoot it from outside and has some post up moves.

The bad: Not an elite athlete, lazy on D at times (who is HS basketball isn't), seems foul prone, needs to put on a lot of weight.

Seems like a guy who will have the ability to play immediately, but will probably be bothered by physicality and be foul prone in his first year or two. Give him time in the monster factory and time to improve in terms of fouls and defense and he could be a star as an upperclassman.
Yes I think he has some physical maturing to do but IMO he is probably even better than 155 rank. There is no better place for him to get the body ready than the Factory. I would like to think we pair him at some point with a high energy athletic big like a future Ody.

I believe this is somewhat of a steal at 155 rank. Might be a high 4 star potential type after he puts on some muscle and learns how to play Bearcat D. If we are landing 2-3 HS kids this recruiting cycle this is a good start and getting a talented wing will be all I want for Xmas. Then we can focus on best available or portal to fill out the class. 1 down 1 to go for now.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #38
JohnBearcat

JohnBearcat is on a distinguished road
Sage Tolentino

I hope we also sign Parsley and Thyme.
JohnBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #39
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Great pick-up for a variety reasons but as TheRealMick would agree, it's important to show local recruits that we are serious about keeping top local talent in the 513 and on the right (or west) side of Reading Rd.

Hope this commitment provides some positive momentum on the recruiting front.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:50 PM   #40
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Great pick-up for a variety reasons but as TheRealMick would agree, it's important to show local recruits that we are serious about keeping top local talent in the 513 and on the right (or west) side of Reading Rd.

Hope this commitment provides some positive momentum on the recruiting front.
You know if we keep in that same zone of say top 50-200 recruits and fill a bunch of roster spots that way...we will be looking pretty damn good after a few years.