Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #91
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Only from u guys
I know I will regret this but what does U guys mean?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #92
REB4cats

REB4cats is on a distinguished road
I may be the only one but I am pleased with how things are progressing. Last years class between Juco and 4 year is full of contributors. Quadri has time to develop but could be a value down the road. This years class looks to be the same, solid contributors maybe even a day 1 starter in Evans.

Would it be nice to get more guys, yes. But even Kentucky doesn't get everyone they want. Next year the Bearcats have a chance to be REALLY good. I can't wait to be a season ticket holder again next year.
REB4cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #93
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
"You a lie and a sack of shit. He was getting you easy 5pts 5reb before injury with less than 10min than rubles. Teams played us 4vs5 against us on offense because rubles was non factor."

Fortunately our coach isn't so simplistic to just look at pts per minute and rebounds because by itself is severely lacking in telling the whole story. Rubles played roughly 30 minutes a game (7.3 and 6.8) so if Lawrence was playing 10 more minutes he would average 7.5 and 7.5 (before injury) under your example. Not bad but not much different. However...

Rubles was one of the best defenders in the country...that can be worth 5 or more points in the plus minus column EASILY. He was also worth about another assist and steal per game over Lawrence. Both of those translate to points. 1 more assist per game is 2 pts. 1 more steal a game is let's say 1 point. If both Rubles and Lawrence gave similar 7.5 points and rebounds...Rubles was probably worth an additional 7.5 more in defense, assists, and steals.

THAT is why coach plays guys like Rubles...because he's not a knee jerk fan who is enamored by points. Keep in mind I think Lawrence would have kept getting better in years to come but Lawrence (as a frosh) over Rubles would not have been a good idea.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #94
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB4cats View Post
I may be the only one but I am pleased with how things are progressing. Last years class between Juco and 4 year is full of contributors. Quadri has time to develop but could be a value down the road. This years class looks to be the same, solid contributors maybe even a day 1 starter in Evans.

Would it be nice to get more guys, yes. But even Kentucky doesn't get everyone they want. Next year the Bearcats have a chance to be REALLY good. I can't wait to be a season ticket holder again next year.
I haven't seen a significant spike in recruiting but I have seen a slight difference in the type of player we are going after and that is what I am excited about. I think we still need to land better talent overall to be a contender year in and year out...but Mick has done a good job finding/evaluating second tier talent and getting the most from them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #95
Nasty Nati 513

Nasty Nati 513 is on a distinguished road
this site has de-railed.

used to be a good source of recruiting info. now it's just BearcatNews 2.0.

deuces.
Nasty Nati 513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #96
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nati 513 View Post
this site has de-railed.

used to be a good source of recruiting info. now it's just BearcatNews 2.0.

deuces.
Never noticed you to begin with, you will not be missed.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #97
kaplaw

kaplaw is on a distinguished road
That kind of post is almost as unnecessary as Bulldog calling someone a sack of shit. There a large number of people out there that have been reading posts on this site for years, but don't often post themselves - like me. This site has taken a huge downturn since the end of last season and the moderators have largely stood by. I would love if this site could get back to talking about basketball and for some of the older members to stop the needless trolling
kaplaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #98
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Never noticed you to begin with, you will not be missed.
Good one.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #99
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
I don't post much on this site, but I do frequent it daily. Seems to me like 5 or 6 guys have taken over lately to do nothing but complain. Most of the time their points are valid and may be constructive to some, but it has grown incredibly tiresome IMO. The bottom line is that this team has the pieces to be a 30+ win squad when it's all said and done.

This post doesn't belong in a "General Recruiting" thread, but I figure everyone else is complaining here too, so I might as well join the pity party.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #100
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@EvanDaniels
Terry Larrier will transfer to Connecticut, he tells Scout. He played his freshman season at VCU & will have three years of eligibility.

@EvanDaniels
Terry Larrier says he's headed to UConn because he wants to play for Kevin Ollie | Story: http://t.co/dFts9K7s7H http://t.co/BFzh9Ro1lw

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 05-28-2015 at 03:11 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote