Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #821
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I'm worried about our front court. Hoping for a top 100 PF/C in 2017.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #822
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I'm worried about our front court. Hoping for a top 100 PF/C in 2017.
I share your concern. I'd like to get a 5 like Ellis who doesn't need to have anything run for him and can be used primarily for rebounding, rim protection and ball screens. Hopefully Brooks is in good enough shape to do some of that at some point. But I worry about his mobility.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #823
Nasty Nati 513

Nasty Nati 513 is on a distinguished road
They need to use the 2 open schollys on grad transfers that can play right away in 2016. If they suck who cares, they're only here for a year and you weren't gonna use the 2 schollys anyway.
Nasty Nati 513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #824
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but i think I've heard this before. We end up with a few recruits and then "pocketing" the rest a lot.

Just disappointing that the staff cannot complete a roster.
I've been a huge Mick supporter and defender but I couldn't agree more with you. At some point he has to bring in a class that catches the eye of not only fans but of future recruits. It seems he's good early in the process but can't finish a class off.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #825
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I've been a huge Mick supporter and defender but I couldn't agree more with you. At some point he has to bring in a class that catches the eye of not only fans but of future recruits. It seems he's good early in the process but can't finish a class off.
I also agree with this. After our starting five this year, we are very thin. Its concerning.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #826
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I also agree with this. After our starting five this year, we are very thin. Its concerning.
filling scholly's isn't hard finding the right player is the issue. Especially when you have a set line up. I actually like the fact he won't give free rides away.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #827
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
filling scholly's isn't hard finding the right player is the issue. Especially when you have a set line up. I actually like the fact he won't give free rides away.
We only have 2 players on the roster who have averaged 8.5 ppg in D1 basketball. If our lineup is set with this group, then how could it ever not be set? You seem pretty confident with what we have. Hopefully it works out. But 10 active players, with most of them having little or no D1 experience makes me incredibly nervous.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #828
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Yep it's been almost a full year since we got Washington, Cumberland, and Brooks all in a row. And we've landed 0 2016 players since. I agree with you guys that pocketing 2 scholarships a year gets annoying.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #829
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I think high character kids that wouldn't mess up the chemistry of this team must be difficult to find.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #830
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We only have 2 players on the roster who have averaged 8.5 ppg in D1 basketball. If our lineup is set with this group, then how could it ever not be set? You seem pretty confident with what we have. Hopefully it works out. But 10 active players, with most of them having little or no D1 experience makes me incredibly nervous.
2 players with 8.5ppg is a bit misleading, considering Evans averaged 8.4 and Broome is in the wings.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote