Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 07-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'12 TN PF Alex Poythress (Offer)

Small forward
Clarksville, Tennessee
Northeast
AAU: Nashville Celtics
Ht:6'7"
Wt:205 lbs
Class:2012 (High School)

Offered by Cincinnati per Rivals. Ranked 5th at his position, and 24th in his class.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
They don't give out MVP honors or anything like that but Eastern's Kameron Woods was great for his team, while Nashville Celtics junior Alex Poythess was sensational in helping get his team into the 17s championship game.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Poythress said he currently has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati and Miami. UK, Memphis, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Texas, Florida, Notre Dame, Purdue and Ohio State are other schools that are showing the most interest.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/
Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Ranked 26th in MaxPreps top 100 for his class. ESPN and others have him listing UC in his favorites along with UK, Tenn, Vanderbilt, and Miami, FL.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

RT @DMcDonaldHoops: 2012 combo forward Alex Poythress recently picked up offers from Florida and Memphis.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

As recently as November said his favorites were Cincinnati, Miami, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Georgia. Vanderbilt would be his leader right now.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Alex Poythress, SF, Clarksville, TN Northeast H.S.
Scouts Grade: 97
ESPN100 Rank:14
Position Rank (SF): 2

[B]Alex Poythress' double-double leads Northeast[/B]
Super 60 junior Alex Poythress poured in 28 points and pulled down 10 rebounds in Northeast's 59-51 win over Brentwood on Mondya in The Rim Holiday Tournament.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ing/onthetrail

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 12-28-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Georgia basketball coach Mark Fox and his staff have stressed the importance of keeping the top in-state prospects at home since they arrived in Athens almost two years ago. However, that doesn't mean they won't try to occasionally reach into bordering states like Tennessee and steal a highly regarded prospect like Clarksville (Tn.) Northeast combo forward Alex Poythress.

UGASports recently caught up with Poythress, who is currently ranked as the 35th best prospect in the 2012 class by Rivals.com, for an update on his recruitment and to see what he thinks of the Georgia Bulldogs.

How's your season going?

"It's going pretty good. I think we're like 13-13 right now and we're the 4-seed going into the district tournament this weekend."

How have you been playing this year?

"I've been playing pretty good. I'm not sure what my stats are but I think it's probably like 25 points per game."

How is the recruiting process going for you?

"It's going well."

Which schools have offered you?

"Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Memphis, Georgia, Florida, Marquette, Cincinnati, Miami, and Western Kentucky."

Are any other schools recruiting you?

"Texas, Alabama, Florida State, Louisville, Stanford, and I think a couple other schools too."

Who are your favorites?

"I don't really have any favorites yet."

What visits have you taken so far?

"I've been to Vanderbilt and Memphis this season and I went to Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee last summer."

When are you going to make a decision?

"I'm not sure when I'll make a decision yet. It will probably be sometime in the Fall."

What are you going to look at when you make your decision?

"I'm looking the school's player development, a good coaching staff, and academics.
Staying close to home won't really be a factor."

Where would Georgia be on your list?

"Georgia would be high on my list if I had one but I'm still pretty open right now."

What do you like about Georgia?

"I like the coaches at Georgia and I like the offense they run. They have a nice campus down there too."

What do you think of Coach Fox?

"I like Coach Fox a lot. He's a real good coach."

Which assistant coach is recruiting you?

"Coach Pearson is the assistant coach recruiting me from Georgia. I talk to him a lot and they e-mail me a lot too. They just tell me how their season is going and ask how my season is going and basic stuff like that."

Do you know any of the players on Georgia's team?

"I know Gerald Robinson but that's probably the only player I know for Georgia. I know him from playing with the Celtics and he was with us a little bit during the summer."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1190420
Old 04-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Alex Poythress, PF/SF, Georgia Stars- It's been a fine weekend for the 6-foot-8 combo forward from Tennessee. More confident, a little more coordinated and definitely more explosive, he's made lots of plays attacking the rim. There have been a few jumpers mixed in as well and he looks to be fulfilling his promise. Has a long list that includes Vanderbilt, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Memphis, Stanford, Alabama, Texas, Marquette and others.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1210112
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Think he is a bit of a long shot but going to continue to follow him:

Alex Poythress, PF/SF, Georgia Stars- The question was whether or not he would replicate his efforts from Hampton and he answered it convincingly. The 6-foot-8 combo forward ran out for dunks, hit corner threes and was very active on the glass during a first round playoff win.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1212759