Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #81
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by daap_bearcat97 View Post
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/break..._Thursday.html

It appears that this guy is a Pitt lock! I have read numerous places that he will be announcing his decision to play for the Stache?!?! Ugh...where are their BEast championships the last 2 years?!? Why do these kids not seem to see the opportunity here, we are the team to dethrone in the BEast, you would think these kids would see the writing on the wall?!? Oh, well, I guess it isn't over till the fat lady sings.

We are getting desperate for an elite RB in this class, we may be settling for whatever RB we can get at this point?!? Fingers crossed!

Go Cats!
I wouldn't worry about Poteat. I don't believe he is a great fit for the spread. That said, I would take him in a heartbeat and figure out how to use him if he wanted to be a Bearcat. It was going to be tough to get him away from Pitt.

As for other RB targets, there are still a few really good prospects UC is in a good position with. It would be nice to see one of them commit soon and I wouldn't mind seeing UC turn up the heat on the JUCO RB Harris as well. They may have just been waiting on Poteat to make his decision.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #82
Daniel Drake

Daniel Drake is on a distinguished road
I am amazed by the amount of RBs that Pitt can pick up with Shady being a Sophmore and so many young backups already in the system. The Stache can recruit, but can't coach....thankfully.
Daniel Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #83
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
As others have noted, Poteat was a Pitt guy all along. We were not going to land him. However, I must add I find it unsettling that quality RB's aren't lining up and begging UC to take them. If you look at what we have in depth (or lack thereof), the opportunity to come in here and be "the man" for several years, where we've been the past couple years as far as bowls and nationally televised games and where we are headed in the future, you would think it would be a no-brainer.

I hope to see the staff move quickly and land a quality guy.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #84
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Until he announces Pitt we still got a chance. Decision in about an hour.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #85
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Anyone heard?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #86
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
I have been refreshing his school athletics page, two of his local news websites, one local newspaper's twitter and google news search on him.

Nothing yet.
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #87
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzero View Post
I have been refreshing his school athletics page, two of his local news websites, one local newspaper's twitter and google news search on him.

Nothing yet.
You would think with a big time recruit they would keep people informed. I have been doing searches and checking UC and Pitt websites.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #88
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Commits to Pitt
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #89
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
Yup. He did that stupid hat thing and UC wasnt even one of the hats.
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #90
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Wonder if he'll re-think his decision when he's sitting on the bench for the first few years at Pitt?
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote