Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #91
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
In other news, Bryce Brown (the number 1 RB and overall of 2009) wants to leave Tennessee. Please for all things holy, let him consider UC.

His rivals page: http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/fo...xOfup.OS2lt5B4
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #92
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
Tennessee running back Bryce Brown has left the Volunteers program without contacting head coach Derek Dooley, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.

Brown, who landed at Tennessee after a drawn-out, controversial recruitment, has long been expected to leave the program after Lane Kiffin bolted for USC after one season in Knoxville. But Brown did not inform the coaching staff in person that he was leaving.

"Bryce left town without a face-to-face request (with Dooley) for a transfer," a school official told the News Sentinel. "There’s still no news on where he wants to go."

According to USA Today, Brown sent Dooley a text message to say he was leaving. Brown didn’t participate in spring practice, fueling the speculation that he was leaving—most likely for Kansas State, where the Wichita native would join his older brother. But Brown must seek a release from Tennessee before he can go to a new school to play football.

According to the News Sentinel, Dooley had harsh words for Brown while addressing a local Knoxville Rotary Club.

"I said (earlier) that I was open to Bryce coming back on the condition that he wanted to unpack his bags and put his heart into this program," Dooley said. "I fully expect Bryce not to be on our team.

"The reason it has continued on is because Bryce has not come to me, looked me in the eye and said I want a release to so-and-so school. At some point, that’s got to happen.

"Everybody is worried about (Brown’s status) except me. I view him as not on our team."

Brown was the No. 1 recruit according to Rivals.com in the class of 2009, but ran for just 460 yards as a freshman while backing up Montario Hardesty.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...esseeh20100728
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #93
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
He's a great talent but boy does he have some baggage. I bet he winds up at Kansas State with his brother as both are from that area.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #94
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I wonder if poteat will second guess his decision when UC wins another Big east title...
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #95
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I wonder if poteat will second guess his decision when UC wins another Big east title...
I love the confidence in saying "when"!! UC has been close on top recruits in past few years, losing out to ND, O$U, and others, yet we win with guys who join the TEAM and we will continue that winning tradition.

Also, I wonder how far Poteat would've dropped in the recruit rankings had he chosen UC???
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #96
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Poteat would probably have be down graded to a 2 star today, LOL!! I think the biggest issue for Poteat will be he is not only going somewhere were they are going to are going to look up at us in the rankings, he is going somewhere where he will likely not even get any playing time for a couple years and even then he may not be the man. At UC he would have been probably been the starting RB for at least three years.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #97
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
SWiltfong247 Steve Wiltfong
Four-star Pittsburgh RB commit Jameel Poteat tells me he's opening his recruitment back up.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #98
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
SWiltfong247 Steve Wiltfong
Four-star Pittsburgh RB commit Jameel Poteat tells me he's opening his recruitment back up.
This has to be good news for UC.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #99
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Not sure how many RB's we are looking at this year, but I'd suggest getting him in and sorting out the athletic types later...BK style
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #100
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
HUGE get for Coach Jones and the rest of the staff!! This class is really shaping up nicely.

Last edited by JasonS; 12-23-2010 at 09:07 AM.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote