Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-01-2020, 10:12 PM   #131
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Is there video of that happening.... asking for a friend
I haven't seen clear evidenceof the bite, but Diarra complained about it to the ref right there and then with a couple others players explaining it to the ref. The ref was looking right at Diarra about a foot away.

Then it was hilarious as they are reviewing it. You can read Sampsons lips when the ref tells him. It's something like "he did what?". Then he looks to his bench and says, "Did you bite someone".....Pure Gold!

Last edited by TheLongHaul; 02-01-2020 at 10:15 PM.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #132
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I haven't seen clear evidenceof the bite, but Diarra complained about it to the ref right there and then with a couple others players explaining it to the ref. The ref was looking right at Diarra about a foot away.

Then it was hilarious as they are reviewing it. You can read Sampsons lips when the ref tells him. It's something like "he did what?". Then he looks to his bench and says, "Did you bite someone".....Pure Gold!
Alot of video on twitter... There's one that shows dudes face on Dous leg and an instant reaction by dou.

There's also video of dudes face on Keith's leg.

He bit two dudes in one play.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:25 PM   #133
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Alot of video on twitter... There's one that shows dudes face on Dous leg and an instant reaction by dou.

There's also video of dudes face on Keith's leg.

He bit two dudes in one play.
I've seen both of those, but neither are evidence of a bite. Refs must have seen something different. I don't doubt he bit them b/c of Dou's reaction plus they probably saw a mark, but the videos out there don't show him biting.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:34 PM   #134
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Harvey is a smart kid. He never tries to do too much. He's okay right now not being a focal point on offense and he certainly played D like I haven't seen him before. What a game from him all things considered! His effort kept him on the court and it was good to see him realize that's his ticket to minutes. His 3 was huge as well.

Also love seeing Tre Scott working boards as usual. He had 11 and the next best was 4. 11 of 13 assists came from Tre and Jarron. They also had 4 of our 10 blocks with Vogt adding 5. Seniors filling stat sheets...Keith gave the crowd a big lift as well!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #135
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I've seen both of those, but neither are evidence of a bite. Refs must have seen something different. I don't doubt he bit them b/c of Dou's reaction plus they probably saw a mark, but the videos out there don't show him biting.
I don't believe he bit Keith at all. All logic tells you he bit Diarra though. You can see his face up against Diarra's leg and then quickly moves his head away as soon as Diarra flinches and starts pointing at his leg.

Plus the refs said they could see bite Mark's on his leg, I would imagine right where the video shows his face to have been.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:51 PM   #136
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I don't believe he bit Keith at all. All logic tells you he bit Diarra though. You can see his face up against Diarra's leg and then quickly moves his head away as soon as Diarra flinches and starts pointing at his leg.

Plus the refs said they could see bite Mark's on his leg, I would imagine right where the video shows his face to have been.
Assume the NCAA interviews the refs? The seen bite marks are fairly important
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:03 PM   #137
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Assume the NCAA interviews the refs? The seen bite marks are fairly important
Here's another view. Pretty clear what happened.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sm00th_kw/status/1223814562727825409?s=21
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:00 AM   #138
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Another thought from last night, brannen and his staff do a great job at shutting down the other teams best player. We seen it with Davis from smu, Garza from Iowa, Jarreau and Mills. Muck was always good at this also.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #139
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Harvey is a smart kid. He never tries to do too much. He's okay right now not being a focal point on offense and he certainly played D like I haven't seen him before. What a game from him all things considered! His effort kept him on the court and it was good to see him realize that's his ticket to minutes. His 3 was huge as well.
I really like how he just plays. Doesn't force shots cause he feels like it like you see a lot of freshman do, and even some of our upperclassmen.

He has worked hard and just played lock down D yesterday. He's a better athlete than Keith although he doesn't look as explosive because he's so smooth. Harvey can turn his hips and recover much quicker than Keith can.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #140
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Also love seeing Tre Scott working boards as usual. He had 11 and the next best was 4. 11 of 13 assists came from Tre and Jarron. They also had 4 of our 10 blocks with Vogt adding 5. Seniors filling stat sheets...Keith gave the crowd a big lift as well!
Harvey earned his way onto the court the way most freshmen do, by playing defense and bringing energy. He still needs to cut down on the fouls a bit, but he looked much better than he has previously.

With Jarron taking over as PG, MAW struggling on defense lately, Jaevin struggling on defense and McNeal being an offensive non-factor, there is space open for Harvey to step into. Let's hope Harvey can keep it up, I love the big/athletic lineups.

The Jarron/Harvey/Williams/Scott/Diarra lineup that led the comeback is all players 6'5" or taller and tons of athleticism. Lacking in offense a bit, but with Jarron taking over lately it seems to have enough.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote