Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
Less than 10 would be a disappointment.

With this schedule there is a chance of running the table. I was pretty high on the 09 team and thought they would have 10 at worst with a shot at 12 with a bit of luck. This team isn't as good as that team but is more balanced. Luckily the schedule is much easier this year. The main question is how well the team has transitioned to the new schemes and philosophies. An easy OOC with terrible Purdue and Illinois should give the team time to get everything together.

Running back isn't really an issue. There is enough talent, unproven or otherwise, for them to be atleast decent behind our great O Line.

WR is unproven but as long as we don't have Munchie slinging uncatchable bullets, they will be fine.

OLine is solid all around.

The defense should be good. Fingers crossed on the secondary. LB will be a strength provided we dont get killed by injuries. I expect the D to once again be top 20 in efficiency.

I am not completely sold on Kay yet. I need to see more. He is however an improvement on Munchie. Every single game that Munchie played as a QB, was a rollercoaster of nerves and emotion. Every snap was a question mark.

Punting will be a noticeable step backwards. Hopefully it doesnt hurt us too much.

10-12 win team. Less than 10 would be complete failure in the current climate. We need 11 or 12 to keep the cats visible.
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I expect 10 or 11 wins. I'd expect us to lose to Louisville, though we'll see if they can handle all this hype. I can also see us losing another road game, likely to Rutgers. However, like most people, can see this team running the table based on the easy schedule. Its hard for me to imagine worse than 10-2 and that would be a massive disappointment.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
An 11-1 UC wouldnt make the BCS if they arent conf. champs.
Win that game and who knows? BCS at worst if that scenario should play out.

I know that, I'm saying if they win then it's BCS at worst. Even without the auto-bid an undefeated UC squad is going to be in a BCS game and maybe (just maybe) have a shot to wind up in the NC game.

I hate even saying that because it sounds so stupid but there is a legit chance.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Win that game and who knows? BCS at worst if that scenario should play out.

I know that, I'm saying if they win then it's BCS at worst. Even without the auto-bid an undefeated UC squad is going to be in a BCS game and maybe (just maybe) have a shot to wind up in the NC game.

I hate even saying that because it sounds so stupid but there is a legit chance.
If this team can get through the OOC schedule without losing, I think they can put a nice run together. The Illinois game worries me a little. Not because they are going to be good, but because it is the first road game with a new coaching staff. You just never know what is going to happen. If they can run the OOC table, then I think 10-2 is a worst case scenario.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
8-4 is my prediction.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
8-4 is my prediction.
Mine is 9-3. It is difficult to deal with a coaching change (even if you think it is an upgrade). Too much transition.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
8-4 is my prediction.
8-4 with this schedule will be a huge disappointment. If a couple key injuries happen, I could see this, but barring that, anything less than 9 wins will be a disappointment for this team with this schedule.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
8-4 with this schedule will be a huge disappointment. If a couple key injuries happen, I could see this, but barring that, anything less than 9 wins will be a disappointment for this team with this schedule.
They play 2 Big 10 teams to start the season which could very well result in a 0-2 start. UofL loss 3, Rutgers loss 4, and so forth and so forth.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
They play 2 Big 10 teams to start the season which could very well result in a 0-2 start. UofL loss 3, Rutgers loss 4, and so forth and so forth.
Purdue and Illinois are barely Big 10 teams right now. If you don't beat Purdue at home, heaven help you.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #20
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Illinois worries me just because it's a road game. Hell, we lost to Toledo last year on the road. Purdue, I like our chances better being at home. I don't think Rutgers or South Florida are as good as we are so we should beat them. The Rutgers game last year was just a killer because we kept turning the ball over in the end zone or after a long drive. Unless our QB play is really bad this year we should be playing Louisville for the conference title. Even picking up one loss along the way in conference will still make that game a play your way into a BCS game. I don't think the transition to this coach will be as rough as it was when we went from Kelly to Butch. For one, that team had a downgrade in talent and two, Butch made them work a lot harder than Kelly did so there was some turmoil there and players didn't buy into Butch the first year. I think there is a different philosophy with Tuberville, but I don't think we'll have an issue of the players buying into it. Also this team is hungry. They knew they blew it last year.