Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
D1 Hoops Report Class of 2011 Top 150

One version of the final top 150. Enjoyed the tidbits just below to rankings. Any ranking that doesn't include 'Maine Sanders in the top 150 is a joke.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
One version of the final top 150. Enjoyed the tidbits just below to rankings. Any ranking that doesn't include 'Maine Sanders in the top 150 is a joke.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/
Why do you keep calling him 'Maine? Is that his nickname or something?

Supposedly Sanders is underranked, but do any services have him in the top 150?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Not that I'm aware of. I've seen Jermaine, Ge'Lawn, Shaq, and Davis play in person. Jermaine is not flashy he could go unnoticed if he wasn't so good. All he does is put up numbers. Inside out or outside in, he finds a way to score and he has a great looking shot. He's just a solid player. You don't notice him and at the end of the game he has 18 points, 5-6 rebs, 2-3 assist. Mick made no secret of how highly he thought of him by saying he was a guy we had to get because he can come in and play right away. My only concern is will his lateral movement allow him to guard more athletic wings? As hard as this kid works I know he'll do all he can to become leaner and quicker.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
kpzero

kpzero is on a distinguished road
Guyn ranked in at number 5 on their post grad list
kpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzero View Post
Guyn ranked in at number 5 on their post grad list
The rankings mention that the Top 6 post grads would have been ranked between 110-130 on the Top 150 HS seniors list. That would give us 3 Top 150 recruits (Davis, Thomas, and Guyn). There are many who follow recruiting that think that Jermaine Sanders will be the incoming recruit that not only will have the most immediate impact next year, but may be the best of the group. Surprisingly, he isn't on any of the lists. Lends more credence to BearcatJeff's assertion that any Top 150 list that doesn't include Sanders is a joke.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Fact is that there is always going to be an element of opinion involved in recruiting. A lot of ratings involve the "expert" projecting how good a player will be at the high D1 level. Most of these guys are huge on giving consideration to speed and athleticism. A good flashy player will get the nod over a good fundamentally steady player every time. That said it is somewhat confusing to me how a guy that many believe is the top 1-3 players in New York can't break the top 50. I think he is a top 75 guy.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I meant to say it amazes me he can't break the top 150.