Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #261
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Holy crap this is like a 14 year old girls Facebook page.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #262
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I respect Chad and what he does and the info he gets, but lets be realistic here. He makes money off selling information. He seems to have the best sources for UC basketball and kudos to him, but I highly, highly, highly doubt anyone gives him any information without the knowledge that he makes money off selling that information. My point being anything told to him that he shares is not told in confidence. I'm sure he is ethical about sharing information his sources do not want to be public so anything he posts in my opinion is fair game from his sources standpoint. I doubt anyone gives him info saying, "Hey this doesn't need to get out to anybody but you, I and anybody willing to pay $9.95 a month to you." Anybody who does pay for his info imo has the right to do whatever they want to with the info. You're not buying it because it's a secret. Unless they sign some sort of confidentiality clause by signing up. With that said, people should always reference him if they got the info from him. People pay for his info because alot of times he gets it confirmed first. Once he posts it one way or the other it becomes public knowledge. In this case, Bearcatboy used him as his source so I see no problem with it. You might consider it unethical in the sense that you are limiting his ability to make money in that less people will sign up knowing that they can get the info 30 minutes later when someone shares it, but honestly that kind of comes with the territory.
This. There are so many pseudo-lawyers on here claiming this is unethical or that is unethical and frankly have 0 clue what they are talking about. Posting substance of information is 100% fair-game no matter who originally disseminated it. We aren't journalists, we aren't monetizing the information, we aren't even bound by any contract, it is absolutely absurd to think we aren't allowed to discuss rumors on recruiting because some yokel posted it on his "VIP site."
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #263
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
This. There are so many pseudo-lawyers on here claiming this is unethical or that is unethical and frankly have 0 clue what they are talking about. Posting substance of information is 100% fair-game no matter who originally disseminated it. We aren't journalists, we aren't monetizing the information, we aren't even bound by any contract, it is absolutely absurd to think we aren't allowed to discuss rumors on recruiting because some yokel posted it on his "VIP site."
No one ever claimed that any of us were bound by any contract. No one is going to be in any trouble for posting something they "stole" from Chad. It is an ethical thing though. Not legally but the guy makes a living from his site. He has the best sources in bearcat recruiting and has put a premium on his service. When you disseminate his information you make his site less valuable for essentially no reason. The information is going to make it here one way or another. Why hurt the business of someone else just because you can. I just think its a real shitty thing to do. As far as Bearcatboy's post he had every right to post it because there was a glitch in their system and the general public could access it. The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable but all of you are free to do whatever. I agree the board has been trouble lately and I'll take responsibility for my part in that. Gonna take some time away from the boards. As always go bearcats!
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #264
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Holy crap this is like a 14 year old girls Facebook page.
How many 14 year old girls are you friends with?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #265
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
How many 14 year old girls are you friends with?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #266
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
Alternatively,

Chad thought the board was VIP only, but there was a glitch that allowed anyone to read it.

So perhaps, it was a big misunderstanding. Everyone can calm down now. We already drove NTS away.
so there was value in this argument.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #267
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Are we going to ignore that lair wasn't first to say this? Wasn't it original posted by a Memphis message board? Is chad apologizing for that? But still don't post shit here that you have to pay to get, but if it is other places I highly encourage people to do so.

Let's keep this site as the premier free recruiting site.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #268
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
so there was value in this argument.
Awesome
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #269
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
No one ever claimed that any of us were bound by any contract. No one is going to be in any trouble for posting something they "stole" from Chad. It is an ethical thing though. Not legally but the guy makes a living from his site. He has the best sources in bearcat recruiting and has put a premium on his service. When you disseminate his information you make his site less valuable for essentially no reason. The information is going to make it here one way or another. Why hurt the business of someone else just because you can. I just think its a real shitty thing to do. As far as Bearcatboy's post he had every right to post it because there was a glitch in their system and the general public could access it. The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable but all of you are free to do whatever. I agree the board has been trouble lately and I'll take responsibility for my part in that. Gonna take some time away from the boards. As always go bearcats!
To me it is no different than someone buying a newspaper and letting you read the sports section.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #270
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I find it funny that junior members have been coming on and stirring things up. I also keep saying you guys make the board by the quality of your posts and responses. As I said I am not able to police this every day due to my business. Respect is a simple thing. You don't have to agree to respond (or ignore someone) in a respectful manner. It's sad and I apologize to those of you who care about the board for not being moe present but it's a busy time for me.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote