Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #61
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Who the neck would we get this late
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #62
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
UC still hasn't offered and at this point I don't think they will...
and here come Friday we would have thought HE did not choose UC. Thank you for that info.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:01 AM   #63
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Who the neck would we get this late
Western Michigan grad transfer Kellen McCormick hearing from Ga Tech, USC, Oakland, Wright State, etc, per source. 6-8 shot 46% from 3.

Not sure if we are in on him it says etc... We should be since he is a 6ft 8in shooting guard who can fill it up (exactly what we need...) but we never go for tall white kids that can shoot the ball...

There are definitely people available
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:53 AM   #64
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
What was the point of having Solly on an official visit? The coaches knew he had to sit a year. Doesn't make much sense.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:03 AM   #65
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
What was the point of having Solly on an official visit? The coaches knew he had to sit a year. Doesn't make much sense.
After his visit they decided not to offer. Why is that odd? Mybe they saw something that they felt was not a good fit. The fact he isn't available this year could be a issue. Just because they brought him in for a visit doesn't guarantee a offer.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #66
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Western Michigan grad transfer Kellen McCormick hearing from Ga Tech, USC, Oakland, Wright State, etc, per source. 6-8 shot 46% from 3.

Not sure if we are in on him it says etc... We should be since he is a 6ft 8in shooting guard who can fill it up (exactly what we need...) but we never go for tall white kids that can shoot the ball...

There are definitely people available
Looking at this dude's stats, I'm not sure we'd even go after him. Yes, percentage-wise he shot well from three, but has he contributed literally anywhere else? Not even remotely. No rebounding, assisting, blocking, stealing, etc. That's generally a sign of brutal defense. It looks like he comes in, chucks up a few threes, then hits the bench. He attempted 107 threes last year compared to 27 two-pointers. If he can only get 14.8 minutes per game at Western Michigan, I have a hard time believing he'd be much of a contributor here. But if we're desperate....
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:08 AM   #67
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
After his visit they decided not to offer. Why is that odd? Mybe they saw something that they felt was not a good fit. The fact he isn't available this year could be a issue. Just because they brought him in for a visit doesn't guarantee a offer.
I think that's the main issue. If he blew them away, I'm sure they'd still offer, but they must not have seen that. Just guessing.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #68
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Looking at this dude's stats, I'm not sure we'd even go after him. Yes, percentage-wise he shot well from three, but has he contributed literally anywhere else? Not even remotely. No rebounding, assisting, blocking, stealing, etc. That's generally a sign of brutal defense. It looks like he comes in, chucks up a few threes, then hits the bench. He attempted 107 threes last year compared to 27 two-pointers. If he can only get 14.8 minutes per game at Western Michigan, I have a hard time believing he'd be much of a contributor here. But if we're desperate....
Why not take a chance on a grad transfer like him with potential to blow it up from 3 and maybe get him to work on the other stuff and who knows what happens. To me he wouldn't care about minutes and would be a quality practice guy along with someone who could be a role guy coming off the bench to hit a few shots. He gets hidden in the zone we play defensively for the most part. He's definitely better than Quadri Moore. And I guarantee he would rebound and play better D than him. To me grabbing a kid like that doesn't hurt us at all. He occupies the open scholarship for next year and is gone. If he helps us great if not nothing hurt. Unless somehow they think they are going to find this amazing hidden superstar. We are going to end up pocketing 2 scholarships like always and be short handed. So frustrating to me.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #69
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I think that's the main issue. If he blew them away, I'm sure they'd still offer, but they must not have seen that. Just guessing.
Chad was talking about Kostas not Stansbury. I think we probably offered Solly but not Kostas.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #70
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Chad was talking about Kostas not Stansbury. I think we probably offered Solly but not Kostas.
No, Chad was talking about Stansbury. We didnt offer. As far as Kostas. Our name has never come up with him

Last edited by coachpipe; 06-16-2016 at 10:49 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote