Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #21
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat2121 View Post
I hope we get all the kids from Cinci that we can. I thought Vann was a long shot honestly!! Welcome aboard Malik!!
I thought he was the least likely target we would land out of the original trench mob of him, Hawkins and riegelspiener (or w/e). Now I feel good about our chances of landing hawk and the 2 best from that group.
RedlegZdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #22
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
this really is turning into the U part 2 when u Miami got all their star players to stay home. going to be interesting seeing how this plays out but it's got potential to far exceed any hopes or expectations any of us had. Let's just hope if we do turn into the U version 2 that it doesn't come with the baggage
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
this really is turning into the U part 2 when u Miami got all their star players to stay home. going to be interesting seeing how this plays out but it's got potential to far exceed any hopes or expectations any of us had. Let's just hope if we do turn into the U version 2 that it doesn't come with the baggage
Well, we lack in beaches, bikinis, cocaine, high profiled celebrities, and night clubs. I think we will be okay. Lol
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #24
Bearcat2121

Bearcat2121 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Well, we lack in beaches, bikinis, cocaine, high profiled celebrities, and night clubs. I think we will be okay. Lol
Absolutely!!! Haha! Wish we did tho. Hahaha
Bearcat2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #25
Bearcat2121

Bearcat2121 is on a distinguished road
That was a joke gentlemen!
Bearcat2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #26
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat2121 View Post
That was a joke gentlemen!
I'd be up for having the beaches near
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
CLF is just killing it in recruiting but in many other areas as well. All of his interviews hit on culture, determination, community, brotherhood, excellence, details etc. I think he's more detail oriented than CBJ. He's really thought every facet of the game through down to the most minor details and that is the mark of a motivated, obsessed, and great coach. I don't think CLF thinks he is in a can't win situation with recruiting due to P5 etc. He's crushing!

I just hope we can be above average on offense and he can scout and coach the sideline well.

He's making a BIG believer out of me...excellent recruiting aside! I can't wait to see the product on the field.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #28
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
CLF is just killing it in recruiting but in many other areas as well. All of his interviews hit on culture, determination, community, brotherhood, excellence, details etc. I think he's more detail oriented than CBJ. He's really thought every facet of the game through down to the most minor details and that is the mark of a motivated, obsessed, and great coach. I don't think CLF thinks he is in a can't win situation with recruiting due to P5 etc. He's crushing!

I just hope we can be above average on offense and he can scout and coach the sideline well.

He's making a BIG believer out of me...excellent recruiting aside! I can't wait to see the product on the field.
Assuming he has made the right assistant coaching hires, I think he will do just fine in terms of game situations and planning. I think he's got a solid vision for what he wants on both sides of the ball, but also enough sense to hire guys who know what they are doing and give them enough room to do their jobs effectively. He won't be totally hands-off like Tuberville, but he also won't be a micro manager to the detriment of his staff and team chemistry.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #29
CHEER CINCY
Banned

CHEER CINCY is on a distinguished road
Vann is now taking an official visit to Mich St this weekend for the Notre Dame vs MSU game. Mich St was widely considered the leader for him before he verballed to Fickell. Don’t be surprised if we see a flip flop here. That would SUCK.
CHEER CINCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 AM   #30
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
Vann is now taking an official visit to Mich St this weekend for the Notre Dame vs MSU game. Mich St was widely considered the leader for him before he verballed to Fickell. Don’t be surprised if we see a flip flop here. That would SUCK.
You are giving inaccurate information. I won't specify because real news has been reported on BCJ, but this is not true.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote