Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Got rid of my season tickets 2 years ago and it was a great decision(despite them making the playoffs last year).

Everything changes over time. The Bengals and their organization are the exception to the rule.
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
Got rid of my season tickets 2 years ago and it was a great decision(despite them making the playoffs last year).

Everything changes over time. The Bengals and their organization are the exception to the rule.
Amen, the Bengals are the true definition to insanity. Never understand why people by now could honestly think they will ever be a solid NFL team. Going down and tailgating and/or to watch an NFL game ok, I understand. But to honestly believe the Bengals will consistently win against good NFL is comical. The problem is the once in a blue moon season we do make the playoffs, the following year we have to play other playoff caliber teams. That is where we will fail and then play the lows of the nfl again.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Amen, the Bengals are the true definition to insanity. Never understand why people by now could honestly think they will ever be a solid NFL team. Going down and tailgating and/or to watch an NFL game ok, I understand. But to honestly believe the Bengals will consistently win against good NFL is comical. The problem is the once in a blue moon season we do make the playoffs, the following year we have to play other playoff caliber teams. That is where we will fail and then play the lows of the nfl again.

2006: 8-8
2007: 7-9
2008: 4-11
2009: 10-6 playoffs...Because of an easy schedule
2010: 4-12 no playoffs...because of a much tougher schedule due to 2009
2011: 9-7 playoffs...Because of a much easier schedule from due to 2010
2012: Probably will finish well below .500 because of a much tougher schedule due to 2011.

And on and on and on we go. This team is truly average in the last 4 years. They generally beat teams they are supposed to beat, and lose to teams they are supposed to lose to. Coaches have come and gone. Players have come and gone. The one constant has been ownership and scouts. Until they are cleaned out, I will expect nothing but bad teams and mediocrity from the Bengals

UCalum makes a great point about insanity. People keep expecting different results year after year. Honestly, if I have to watch the bengals(I've missed quite a few games this year), its much better from home or at a bar/restaurant instead of heading downtown 11-12pm, paying to park, watching the game in cold weather, sitting in traffic leaving, getting home around 5ish, and wasting my day

Last edited by User Name:; 11-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Are the bengals blacked out this weekend?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Are the bengals blacked out this weekend?
Do not know yet, they usually announce on Friday morning, most probably the game will be on TV.

My prediction is there will be at least 55,000 more people at the Bengals game than at the UC basketball game.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Its official!! http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...s-blacked-out/

Thank god!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
My weekend is saved! Now I can just focus on watching a winner on sunday, Go 'Cats!
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote