Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
NFL Draft

Interesting pick by the Bengals, both safeties were off the board, was hoping for Eifert or Lacy. Another big tight end will really help Dalton, IMO. The Bengals have had excellent draft scouting the past few years, so I trust them on this one.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Interesting pick by the Bengals, both safeties were off the board, was hoping for Eifert or Lacy. Another big tight end will really help Dalton, IMO. The Bengals have had excellent draft scouting the past few years, so I trust them on this one.
This kid was the focus of opposing defenses last year and still put up pretty good numbers at ND. I really like this pick. Lacy is no Trent Richardson and it doesn't shock me that he didn't go first round. The Bengals can still get a good safety (very deep safety draft) and a running back today in the second and third rounds. Wouldn't shock me to see a RT and S in round 2 and a RB in round 3. George Winn maybe?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I was under the impression that Cyprien was the 2nd best Safety in the draft behind Vaccaro. Elam is too small and reid was surrounded by lots of other stars IMO that made him look better than he really is. If they could get Cyprien in the 2nd round along with a solid RB i would be ecstatic
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
I was under the impression that Cyprien was the 2nd best Safety in the draft behind Vaccaro. Elam is too small and reid was surrounded by lots of other stars IMO that made him look better than he really is. If they could get Cyprien in the 2nd round along with a solid RB i would be ecstatic
I expect the Bengals to draft Cyprien with their first pick in the second round.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I expect the Bengals to draft Cyprien with their first pick in the second round.
They might be tempted to take T'eo if he is there for thier pick. I would be happy with 2 of the 3 between Cyprien, Montee Ball, or T'eo.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
They might be tempted to take T'eo if he is there for thier pick. I would be happy with 2 of the 3 between Cyprien, Montee Ball, or T'eo.
If the Bengals draft Te'o before getting a S I am going to jump out a window. They can get good value on a RB in round 3 but really need a S first in round two. If Andre Smith is signed before the draft tonight, then maybe...MAYBE they can take Te'o in round 2. If not, they need to get a good RT.

Te'o is not a special player. He is a decent player that is easily found in this draft or any other draft. He isn't a Pro Bowl caliber player IMO.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
Take Cyprien then get the best available RB. Wouldnt mind La'vian Bell. Big upside, unless we find a way to get Lacy

Forget which magazine said it, but that TE we got is the best skilled player in the draft. With him down the middle and AJ Green wide, it makes it tough on a defense. Now if we can get a RB who can make guys miss or run through a tackle.... very excited

Oh and please DO NOT take Teo. He is Keith Rivers 2.0. To slow and not good in space. As well as very undersized to play Middle in the NFL. We already have him in Rey. Hopefullly with Burfict and Harrison on the outside Rey will have less to worry about

Last edited by ready2go; 04-26-2013 at 10:11 AM.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Take Cyprien then get the best available RB. Wouldnt mind La'vian Bell. Big upside, unless we find a way to get Lacy

Forget which magazine said it, but that TE we got is the best skilled player in the draft. With him down the middle and AJ Green wide, it makes it tough on a defense. Now if we can get a RB who can make guys miss or run through a tackle.... very excited
I would love to see the Bengals draft Lattimore in round 7 IF he is still on the board. The possibility of his upside if he comes back from injury makes my mouth water.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
If the Bengals draft Te'o before getting a S I am going to jump out a window. They can get good value on a RB in round 3 but really need a S first in round two. If Andre Smith is signed before the draft tonight, then maybe...MAYBE they can take Te'o in round 2. If not, they need to get a good RT.

Te'o is not a special player. He is a decent player that is easily found in this draft or any other draft. He isn't a Pro Bowl caliber player IMO.
Wow. We can agree on something
Old 04-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
I would love to see the Bengals draft Lattimore in round 7 IF he is still on the board. The possibility of his upside if he comes back from injury makes my mouth water.
Very true. I like his heart and plays with aggression. Def if hes around in the late 6th or 7th...worth a shot. Imagine if we got a solid RB with our 2nd pick today.... Lattimore would prob be a year away, but with him healthy next year and a Bell, Lacy or Ball this season... Guys who can make people miss.... love it

Last edited by ready2go; 04-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.