Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: If Yancy plays the same at start of next season...
Start him, out of necessity 3 16.67%
Use off the bench, sparingly 7 38.89%
Bench him, see if that motivates 4 22.22%
Play GreatOne or Lumberjack instead. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #41
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Good natured jokes are funny. Most of us can joke with each other and no one takes it too serious. However, it's different when you starting tearing down individuals that are trying to make us all happy. These individuals represent OUR school. As a graduate of UC, I am offended when ANYONE takes personal jabs and attacks at student athletes because of their appearance. This includes race, height, general appearance, socioeconomic status, intelligence, etc. I extend this thinking to the coaching staff, especially when these coaches have been model citizens.

You may mean it as a joke, but these boards are in the public forums.

If you do not like the coach, fine. Attack Mick's decision-making, substitution pattern, offense, or anything substantive to the game of basketball. Don't take personal attacks because of his looks.

I find it childish and immature. It takes away from your argument and makes me respect you less.

Do you think I really care? That is the problem with society. Too many people care what others think of them.

I myself am not tall in stature. I could care less about the short jokes on here. Its called America, freedom of speech. It was a joke, so get over it. Its gettin old saying what Mick is doing wrong. I'v been saying it for 2 months now.

My goodness what will I do that Bearcatalum does not respect me. PLEASE. Get over it

Back to the topic. Yancy is lazy. What will Mick do to fix this?
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
wildbill04

wildbill04 is on a distinguished road
Sorry for goofing on Ralph...He is just being as passionate in his feelings that Mick is a great coach as most observers are that he isnt.
wildbill04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #43
catsfan32

catsfan32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Do you think I really care? That is the problem with society. Too many people care what others think of them.

I myself am not tall in stature. I could care less about the short jokes on here. Its called America, freedom of speech. It was a joke, so get over it. Its gettin old saying what Mick is doing wrong. I'v been saying it for 2 months now.

My goodness what will I do that Bearcatalum does not respect me. PLEASE. Get over it

At the UC vs Dayton game I had some annoying douchebag (I would say 23-27 age) that yelled so much offensive $hit about our own team and coach that the whole section (104) wanted to punch him in the face and god if I wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it i would have myself. Some guy in front of him actually got in his face about it thankfully. I get criticism, I do, but to be a dumb**s about it and in public no less makes you the "that guy" who everyone is embarrassed about to call a UC fan. People who attack players and coach's with personal insults show their intelligence level. Just keep the criticism absent of personal attacks. As for Yancy, I say he comes off the bench next year if we can get Ratliffe into the program.

P.S. If you didn't care what people think of you, then why post on this forum? Half of us don't care what you think anyway
Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #44
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan32 View Post
At the UC vs Dayton game I had some annoying douchebag (I would say 23-27 age) that yelled so much offensive $hit about our own team and coach that the whole section (104) wanted to punch him in the face and god if I wouldn't have gotten in trouble for it i would have myself. Some guy in front of him actually got in his face about it thankfully. I get criticism, I do, but to be a dumb**s about it and in public no less makes you the "that guy" who everyone is embarrassed about to call a UC fan. People who attack players and coach's with personal insults show their intelligence level. Just keep the criticism absent of personal attacks. As for Yancy, I say he comes off the bench next year if we can get Ratliffe into the program.

P.S. If you didn't care what people think of you, then why post on this forum? Half of us don't care what you think anyway
Ok, this is getting blown way out of proportion. I called Mick Cronin 4 feet. I'm 3'9. I DONT CARE! Some people need to take things as jokes and either laugh or MOVE ON! You live longer when you laugh.

As for the fans at the game. I am not "that guy." I sat in front of a kid at a Bengals game who did not shut up the whole time. We should do this...we should do that...ya dah dah dah dah. I finally looked back and saw him in a blow-up head set. I laughed!

PS. My intelligence is 2nd to non. DUH

Last edited by ready2go; 03-25-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #45
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Is your first name Chuy? I heard he has a lot of swag.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #46
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Is your first name Chuy? I heard he has a lot of swag.
Haha No

But I do tend to turn my swag on every so often!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #47
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Sweetness.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #48
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post

I'm not offended. You may think that I was offended because I took the time to point out the belligerence in your post, but I'm not personally offended in the least.

Let me repeat: I am not offended by your ignorance. Our fanbase is full of people just like you.

However, I merely highlighted your ignorance because you're representing UC when you make distasteful comments.

I earned a degree from UC, so whenever people associated with the University act a fool it looks poorly on my school, and possibly my degree.

I understand the reasoning behind substantive criticism, but I don't understand personal attacks on players/coaches.

I don't really expect you to comprehend my post because.................well, most ignorant, belligerent teenagers can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill04 View Post
Sorry for goofing on Ralph...He is just being as passionate in his feelings that Mick is a great coach as most observers are that he isnt.
Ralph is pretty easy going. He takes $hit and gives it out. I doubt he is offended by much on this forum. Not to mention, Ralph doesn't use baseless attacks.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #49
swg
Epic Member

It could be a long offseason. I'm hoping the players are watching the NCAA tourney and seeing what many UC fans would like to see. Crisp execution of an offense, and smart play. Not sure that Cash needs to get bigger, although stronger would be nice. I'd rather have him be more of a slashing Devan Downey than another DV or Logan clone. Bigger is not better, it's just bigger (for a guard).
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #50
ready2go
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
I'm not offended. You may think that I was offended because I took the time to point out the belligerence in your post, but I'm not personally offended in the least.

Let me repeat: I am not offended by your ignorance. Our fanbase is full of people just like you.

However, I merely highlighted your ignorance because you're representing UC when you make distasteful comments.

I earned a degree from UC, so whenever people associated with the University act a fool it looks poorly on my school, and possibly my degree.

I understand the reasoning behind substantive criticism, but I don't understand personal attacks on players/coaches.

I don't really expect you to comprehend my post because.................well, most ignorant, belligerent teenagers can't.

Ralph is pretty easy going. He takes $hit and gives it out. I doubt he is offended by much on this forum. Not to mention, Ralph doesn't use baseless attacks.
You don't get out much do you? I'll take ya to the bar. You'll have a good time.

Last edited by ready2go; 03-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.