Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Michigan and Cincinnati are up there, but who cares if you finish second??
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Had UC in his top two, but recently received a Rutgers offer and may verbal to them within a week.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #13
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Saw that as well. Rutgers already picked up Charles Davis at RB and Chevelle Buie who is a slot/RB hybrid type of player. They're also going hard after Savon Huggins and Jameel Poteat. That's on top of taking 4 RBs in last year's class. I'm not sure what the draw is with Rutgers. We need two RBs in this class IMO. I wouldn't mind picking up two out of David Abernathy out of GA who is a smaller, quick type RB as well as either Antwan Gilbert or D'Angelo Roberts. Of course if Poteat wants to come here I'll do cartwheels.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
swg
Epic Member

Everyone wants to be the next Ray Rice. Problem is, they ain't it.
Rutgers is doing a decent job in recruiting, but I don't see it as sustainable. UC's recruiting will only improve.

Not sure how/why a solid RB wouldn't take a flier on Cincy, and Poteat would be huge.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #15
JMac84

JMac84 is on a distinguished road
For top running backs, it's huge to see guys in front of them go pro. I know you didn't mean it like this, but recruits are doing more than "taking a flier" on the school they attend. It's obviously a big life decision. If we can get Pead to the pros, I think it will help us. If he gets some playing time and produces, it could do wonders.

That being said, hopefully we can find a top guy or two that trusts Butch will get them there.
JMac84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I think recruits also want to a program that carries the rock a little more. Last year Pead average only 9 carries a game. I am certain that with Jones at the helm that number will increase dramatically, while still running the spread we are used to. That will help recruit the better backs out there IMO.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #17
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
I think recruits also want to a program that carries the rock a little more. Last year Pead average only 9 carries a game. I am certain that with Jones at the helm that number will increase dramatically, while still running the spread we are used to. That will help recruit the better backs out there IMO.
Good point. I don't know that Pead will average 6.7 ypc again but I could see him averaging close to 5.5 ypc and get closer to 15-20 carries per game depending on the flow and opponent.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Scout lists him as high on UC, Michigan and North Carolina... though Scout says UNC has not offered yet...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Scout lists him as high on UC, Michigan and North Carolina... though Scout says UNC has not offered yet...
I'm hoping we can land Crockett. At this point we need RBs period and he looks like he'd be a good get. Very impressive physique he has (no homo) and runs out of the spread.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
At the rate UC is going recruiting a RB, they'll be left with Davey Crockett.

I was pretty impressed watching his tape on youtube. Glad to hear he is high on UC, although frankly I am getting tired of hearing that kids are high on us, have us in the top 3 only to commit elsewhere.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote