Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'12 NJ C Blaise Mbargorba (Committed to SMU)

Blaise Mbargorba
Center
Highstown, New Jersey
Ht: 7'0"
Wt: 215
Class: 2012

Currently holds offers from St. Joes and Vanderbilt.

Strengths:
Mbargorba is physically gifted center with size, length and a solid frame along with corresponding mobility and athleticism. He runs the court well, is very agile, and quick off his feet for a player his size. He has a strong motor and good nose for the ball on both ends. He calls for the ball on the block, goes to get it off the glass, and is an excellent weak-side shot blocker. He also has soft hands and decent touch, passing instincts, and good understanding of how to bury his man on pick and roll action.

Weaknesses:
Mbargorba has made great strides in the last two years but is still undeniably raw. He has decent touch but still lacks a go to move with his back to the basket and tends to give away positioning when he catches the ball in the post. Defensively, he over commits when rotating from the weak-side of the floor and can be a little emotional at times. He also is a low percentage free-throw shooter.

Bottom Line:
While Mbargorba is still raw, he has made great strides in recent years and now boasts a big time frame and rapidly developing floor game on both ends.

Per the RecruitScoop:

Blaise Mbargorba of NJ Roadrunners lists Vandy, St. Joe's, Temple, SMU, Northwestern, V-Tech, Cincinnati, George Mason & more at #HGSCE
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
What a name. I like it. Skinny boy though.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Not interested.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Not interested.
Who? You? UC? Blaise?

Everyone?

Just wondering.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Per Dave Telep:

Blaise Mbargorba has Vandy, NW, Cincy, Clemson, Richmond, Charlotte, SMU and George Mason. Quick crowd scan. #HGJamFest
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Who? You? UC? Blaise?

Everyone?

Just wondering.
Me. Just think there are better options. I'd take Austin Waverly before him. Just can't imagine him and JJ shooting free throws for UC....ugly!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Blaise Mbargorba (New Jersey Roadrunners)

Class of 2012 big man Blaise Mbargorba has caught the eye of Cincinnati, West Virginia, Vanderbilt, Temple, St. Joe’s, Virginia Tech, Northwestern and Belmont with his defense and ability to run the floor.

He’s taken an unofficial visit to Temple, which he said went well, and plans to take an official visit to Vanderbilt in the fall. Although he doesn’t have a favorite yet, Mbargorba said he’ll make a list of his top five schools after July.

He added that he likes the way Big East schools Cincinnati and West Virginia use their big men, which is something he’s looking for at the collegiate level. He’s also looking for a school that tends to get out in transition.

“I want guards who can take the ball and give it to me on the fast break because I run the floor very well,” he said.

The 7-footer out of the Peddie School (NJ) also counts defense, blocking shots and rebounding among his strengths and is focusing on improving his low post moves in order to get into comfortable positions to score. Right now, though, he’s just enjoying the opportunity to play in front of college coaches.

“For me, it’s exciting,” he said. “I’m having fun. I do what I have to do.”

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...g-notes-day-2/