Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'11 DE C Malcom Gilbert

2011 Center, 6'10" 210lbs: Malcolm Gilbert
Wilmington, Delaware
St. Elizabeths
AAU: Team Final

Offer: No.
Other offers:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Gilbert-66245

Malcolm Gilbert, Academy of the New Church, 2011:
Has the size of a college freshman already. Good speed. Does not have a large upper body for a college basketball center, but Gilbert will get bigger in college. Very long arms. Good fade away jumper. Has moves and runs the floor well for a man of his size.

Gilbert rattled off a long list of colleges that have been in contact including Tennessee, Villanova, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Penn State, Harvard, Illinois, Ohio State, North Carolina, Georgetown, West Virginia, Louisville, Providence, Kansas, Marquette, Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Syracuse and UConn. He added that coaches from PSU, BC, UNC, Temple and Villanova have been to games or practices to see him.

This is new to my eye. It will be interesting to see which big schools start the avalanche of offers. The fact that our coaches have not attended a game or practice (according to Gilbert) makes me think we might pass on this ride.

Also, I need to dig and see if we offered this kid before or after Gaines committed.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote