Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 12-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #161
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
UC is in Whites top three. Don't believe everything you read.
Yeah I didn't even pay attention to the list of schools in the Scout update. I just posted it for his quote about making a decision any day now.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #162
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
we all want to believe this. my only question is this- obviously these services are getting the names of schools he is considering from someone close to the situation. yet they dont even mention uc in the top 5? something doesnt add up.

this is eerily familiar to the eric bledsoe situation. everyone says all along we have a great shot at him, says we are in his final 2/3...yet no one outside of uc insiders ever published uc's name as being considered.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #163
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
we all want to believe this. my only question is this- obviously these services are getting the names of schools he is considering from someone close to the situation. yet they dont even mention uc in the top 5? something doesnt add up.

this is eerily familiar to the eric bledsoe situation. everyone says all along we have a great shot at him, says we are in his final 2/3...yet no one outside of uc insiders ever published uc's name as being considered.
the Bledsoe situation came down to UC knowing about his grades and UK turning a blind eye...FACT!!! It is also a fact UC is in close with White. I've never said he lands here, frankly just the opposite. But it is a fact he has high interest in UC.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #164
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
the Bledsoe situation came down to UC knowing about his grades and UK turning a blind eye...FACT!!! It is also a fact UC is in close with White. I've never said he lands here, frankly just the opposite. But it is a fact he has high interest in UC.
that is fair- im not doubting anyone who says that UC/White have legit mutual interest. just dont understand why (and this isnt the first time this has happened) that analysts dont list uc as being in on a guy that we think we are in strong with.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #165
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
that is fair- im not doubting anyone who says that UC/White have legit mutual interest. just dont understand why (and this isnt the first time this has happened) that analysts dont list uc as being in on a guy that we think we are in strong with.
The same thing happened with Teague. According to most of the recruiting services you would have thought it was just UL and UK, and we weren't even recruiting him.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #166
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
The same thing happened with Teague. According to most of the recruiting services you would have thought it was just UL and UK, and we weren't even recruiting him.
good example. i dont get why that is? if anything, even if we do not get them, it is positive exposure for other recruits to hear marquis teague had us in his final 2/3, same for white.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #167
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Andrew White, a 2012 SF from Miller School (VA), will announce his college decision on Friday, according to @3starmeyer.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #168
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So what are you basing it on? Evan Daniels is basing it on his conversation with him.

Bledsoe was going to UK about as soon as UK offerred him. Without UK I do think he choose UC.

This recruitment reminds me a lot of Teagues. Obviously UC was in with him (and White) but it was always a two horse race and even at the press conference with Teague he mentioned it was between UK and UL. I have a feeling White's is a two horse race between UK and GU.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #169
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
So what are you basing it on? Evan Daniels is basing it on his conversation with him.

Bledsoe was going to UK about as soon as UK offerred him. Without UK I do think he choose UC.

This recruitment reminds me a lot of Teagues. Obviously UC was in with him (and White) but it was always a two horse race and even at the press conference with Teague he mentioned it was between UK and UL. I have a feeling White's is a two horse race between UK and GU.
Yes and when UK jumped full in on Bledsoe I said he'd attend UK. It doesn't make the other things less factual.

I am basing what I say about Andrew on conversations I know he has had with the UC staff. Again, I have said since his Kansas visit that I believe he is the Jayhhawks to lose. I don't get your argument here. But then again I rarely do.

I'm pretty accurate on the info I post on here. Matter of fact I'll put my accuracy against any site the size of those locally and I have less resources. I communicate with coaches and local writers and personal contacts. I miss on signings and nobody is entirely accurate but I don't post without being fairly certain about my source. When I'm not certain I say I'm not sure how accurate the info is.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #170
Bearcat04
Elite Member

White down to Kansas and N.C. State?

Quote:
@tlewis2
Tyler Lewis
My boy Andrew white deciding tomorrow. I really hope I get to play with him again. Between NC state and Kansas. Let's get em
44 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
http://twitter.com/tlewis2

That's from N.C. State PG commit, Tyler Lewis.