Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #171
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
Thats coming from an nc state recruit of course he is going to say that
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #172
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
So what are you basing it on? Evan Daniels is basing it on his conversation with him.

Bledsoe was going to UK about as soon as UK offerred him. Without UK I do think he choose UC.

This recruitment reminds me a lot of Teagues. Obviously UC was in with him (and White) but it was always a two horse race and even at the press conference with Teague he mentioned it was between UK and UL. I have a feeling White's is a two horse race between UK and GU.
a few inaccuracies here.

first off, bledsoe said his final 3 at his presser was UK, UF, and Memphis.

teague said at his presser that UC was his #2 choice behind UK.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #173
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Yes and when UK jumped full in on Bledsoe I said he'd attend UK. It doesn't make the other things less factual.

I am basing what I say about Andrew on conversations I know he has had with the UC staff. Again, I have said since his Kansas visit that I believe he is the Jayhhawks to lose. I don't get your argument here. But then again I rarely do.

I'm pretty accurate on the info I post on here. Matter of fact I'll put my accuracy against any site the size of those locally and I have less resources. I communicate with coaches and local writers and personal contacts. I miss on signings and nobody is entirely accurate but I don't post without being fairly certain about my source. When I'm not certain I say I'm not sure how accurate the info is.
I never said anything about you making nonfactual about Bledsoe.

As for White, I wasn't making an argument. I was asking where you got your info from, because Daniels spoke to him and UC wasn't listed.

Never mentioned anything about the accuracy of your info. You are being quite defensive here.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #174
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
a few inaccuracies here.

I don't exactly recall Bledsoe, but my memory was that it was between UK and UC. I do remember Memphis, but I don't think UF was a big factor and I don't think they wanted him. I think he had just always wanted to go to UF.

As for Teague, at the presser I'm pretty sure he had the hats of UK and UL. Again, it's been a little while but when did you every see anything stating UC was his #2? I don't ever recall that. I'm pretty sure I even remember hearing the audio clip of the presser and he never mentioned UC.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #175
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I don't exactly recall Bledsoe, but my memory was that it was between UK and UC. I do remember Memphis, but I don't think UF was a big factor and I don't think they wanted him. I think he had just always wanted to go to UF.

As for Teague, at the presser I'm pretty sure he had the hats of UK and UL. Again, it's been a little while but when did you every see anything stating UC was his #2? I don't ever recall that. I'm pretty sure I even remember hearing the audio clip of the presser and he never mentioned UC.
He never mentioned UC at the presser, but only had the UK hat at the presser. Here is the quote I think DP is referring to:

Marquis Teague, Scout.com's top-ranked point guard of the class of 2011, ended a "back and forth" recruitment process Thursday, choosing the Wildcats over rival Louisville, the latest in a series of high-ranked commitments for Kentucky.

"It's has been really close. I also had Cincinnati in there," Teague said in a press conference, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. "People don't now I liked them a lot. Coach [Mick] Cronin and I are really close. It's been real tough. It's tough to tell coach Pitino no."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/22/ma...pari-kentucky/

unless I missed one where he said UC was #2.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #176
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Andrew White, a 2012 SF from Miller School (VA), will announce his college decision on Friday, according to @3starmeyer.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #177
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
He never mentioned UC at the presser, but only had the UK hat at the presser. Here is the quote I think DP is referring to:

Marquis Teague, Scout.com's top-ranked point guard of the class of 2011, ended a "back and forth" recruitment process Thursday, choosing the Wildcats over rival Louisville, the latest in a series of high-ranked commitments for Kentucky.

"It's has been really close. I also had Cincinnati in there," Teague said in a press conference, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. "People don't now I liked them a lot. Coach [Mick] Cronin and I are really close. It's been real tough. It's tough to tell coach Pitino no."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/22/ma...pari-kentucky/

unless I missed one where he said UC was #2.
Thanks, I couldn't exactly remember the hats, just knew he didn't have UC's. I don't recall seeing those quotes from him, so thanks for posting.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #178
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

He'll be announcing at 5 pm.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #179
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Well lets hope.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #180
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
a few inaccuracies here.

I will go on record stating that UC would have been his choice had some WW Wes stuff not happened, that made it a family choice for him that he had no choice but to go to UK. I'm just saying.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote