Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
He is a top 100 recruit who signed to play at southern miss. Doesn't sound like someone who is out for the big name to me. UC is definatley a big step up from Souther Miss but not overly a media darling like UK. Maybe the guy wants to play for a program that is more down to earth.
I thought he signed with Virginia Tech?

I did see a tweet which quoted his father saying that Cincinnati was included in the schools he was considering, not NC State. Take that FWIW. I forget who actually tweeted it. I believe he is visiting Louisville May 31, the only visit set up as now.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
@NextCats
Montrezl Harrell's father tells Scout that his son is looking at UK, U of L, Cincinnati, Alabama and Florida. No NC State.

It's a long shot but hey weirder things have happened....
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
This kid is the next Jason Maxiell.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
ucdave

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop

RT @scoutsfocus: Former Virginia Tech signee Montrezl Harrell's dad said his son's top 4 is Louisville, Cincinnati, Alabama & Florida.

I still don't see him going anywhere but Louisville, but you never know.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
Bearcat91

Bearcat91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post

RT @scoutsfocus: Former Virginia Tech signee Montrezl Harrell's dad said his son's top 4 is Louisville, Cincinnati, Alabama & Florida.

I could see that if Louisville had a scholarship to give him but from what I have heard is that they dont have any scholarships left... we have 2.
Bearcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
ucdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat91 View Post
I could see that if Louisville had a scholarship to give him but from what I have heard is that they dont have any scholarships left... we have 2.
I also think Louisville has a similar player on their roster already in Chane Behanon. But I have a feeling his dad is really pushing Louisville and Pitino will find a way to get a scholarship open. Just a gut feeling.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I also think Louisville has a similar player on their roster already in Chane Behanon. But I have a feeling his dad is really pushing Louisville and Pitino will find a way to get a scholarship open. Just a gut feeling.
The crazy thing is Louisville is recruiting Harrell, a guard from Oklahoma (Clark) who they offered, and VT transfer Finney-Smith. I know they always say numbers work out, but I just don't see it happening. This is who they have coming back:

1. Siva
2. Russ Smith
3. Marra
4. Hancock (transfer from George Mason)
5. Dieng
6. Blackshear
7. Behanan
8. Ware
9. Price
10. Nunez
11. Van Treese
12. Buckles
13. Rozier --> freshman guard --> some think he may have trouble qualifying

The only ways they can take Harrell is if Rozier doesn't qualify or Slick Rick forces someone out.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
ucdave

I've heard Buckles may be that guy. He's had 2 ACL injuries in the last year I believe. Could be getting a similar thing to what Belton got from UC a few years back.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #29
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hard to believe UK is out of the mix already. Nice to see UC up there with the big dogs.

Jeff, any thoughts on who you'd rather have Obekpa or Harrell? Any chance of pulling the coup and getting both?

I like what I hear about this kid.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
@ scoutsfocus: Louisville informed the Harrell family that the scholarship situation has been worked out and that they have one for him.

Looks like he'll probably be Louisville bound.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote